XR18 Live Recording

1. #1 by Nuno Casais on 01-11-2016

XR18 Live Recording

My name is Nuno Casais, i am from Portugal and i would like to show you one of my XR18 recordings With no edits, no cuts, LR straight to DAW (using Logic).

It's a U2 cover (although i am a songwriter too with my own music)

I am also controlling my XR18 via homemade footswitch, arduino based (info on the forum), using mute group switch on/off and tap tempo (manual mode) and receiving midi clock over wireless protocol (auto standard mode).
    All reverbs, Eq, delays and master audio are original from the XR18.

Above all, i want to confirm that this was the best purchase i did in 20 years as a musician. And it works flawlessly, in my case. I believe that the hardware is always right, we have to give them a few shots, since the problem is always ours, although some deffects can exist.

Hope you enjoy it! Cheers!

Sometimes You Can't Make It on Your Own - U2 Acoustic Cover

https://youtu.be/pH3tQzgDU6Y
  2. #2 by Paul Vannatto on 01-11-2016
    Wow! That is amazing Nuno. Great to see all that discussion and efforts come to fruition. Thanks for posting it. Only suggestion I have is to buy that poor cameraman a tripod.

__________________________________________________ _______________________
    For additional help please refer to the X32 wiki pages for updated and current documentation about the X32.

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE via email at CARECREA@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Paul Vannatto
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator
  3. #3 by Nuno Casais on 01-11-2016
    Or give him less coffee 😄
    Thanks for all your precious help Paul. Almost a year ago I was beginning this awesome journey, a lot of work and investigation was done, and it totally worth it.
    You were always there to give us your wise point of view and sometimes to calm the stormy waters when needed.

Well done sir!

And yes. All i thought it could be done, came true.
  4. #4 by Paul Vannatto on 01-11-2016
    Are you sure it was coffee??

By the way I helped another musician (locally) by making him a multi-switch footpedal board with an arduino and Colin's code (tweaked a bit) to control his XR18. He is still raving about it. These reports and posts make the time and efforts here on the forum worth it (I needed that).

For additional help please refer to the X32 wiki pages for updated and current documentation about the X32.

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE via email at CARECREA@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Paul Vannatto
  5. #5 by Glenn Adams on 01-11-2016
    Very nice Nuno. Thanks for bringing it over.

Great recording. Love that Martin, Pa makes some good guitars. Sorry about the other one.

"Sometimes it's the people who no one imagines anything of, who do the things that no one can imagine"
  6. #6 by Glenn Adams on 01-11-2016
    I must have played this ten times since I saw it in Sean's X-Air site. I've played it on every system in my house, two head phones, and tomorrow I am taking it to work and then to my shop to play it on my Pa. I don't even like the U2 version.

"Sometimes it's the people who no one imagines anything of, who do the things that no one can imagine"
  7. #7 by Robert Lofgren on 01-11-2016
    Nice, but I really like your other music videos as well!

Keep'em coming!

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-963-1300 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE support via email at CARECREA@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Robert Lofgren
  8. #8 by Nuno Casais on 01-12-2016

Thanks!

Paul, Robert and Glenn, thank you very much for your kind comments. I've learned a lot from you too. I will never forget all the precious help that you gave me and other guys too, to put the XR on the run.

cheers!
  9. #9 by Glenn Adams on 01-12-2016
    Obrigado

10. #10 by Patrick-Gilles Maillot on 01-12-2016
    Nuno,

Just excellent!

Thanks for sharing, and showing us all that what you found on this forum was of great use for you.

-Patrick