XR18 Auto-Mix software

1. #1 by Peter Patrick on 09-14-2015

XR18 Auto-Mix software

Phil Gates showed us the beta software with the Auto-mix function. That was on the 19th June 2015. When will we get the software? It is not in the latest firmware or software updates! Please can we have it soon.
  2. #2 by Paul Vannatto on 09-14-2015
    Hi Peter,

Actually the automix is in the firmware and the X-Air Edit app will be released shortly (currently beta testing). In the meantime the X-Air Live Toolbox (http://sourceforge.net/projects/xairlivetoolbox/) does have an automix interface that you can use now.

__________________________________________________ _______________________
    For additional help please refer to the X32 wiki pages for updated and current documentation about the X32.

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE via email at CARECREA@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Paul Vannatto
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator
  3. #3 by Kevin Maxwell on 09-14-2015
    - Paul Vannatto wrote View Post
    Hi Peter,

Actually the automix is in the firmware and the X-Air Edit app will be released shortly (currently beta testing). In the meantime the X-Air Live Toolbox (http://sourceforge.net/projects/xairlivetoolbox/) does have an automix interface that you can use now.
    Can I assume that since this has been touted as being derived from the Dugan Auto-Mix algorithm that this is a speech only Auto-Mix as are all of the popular versions. I would hate to see a misunderstanding or should I say expectations that don't line up with what Automixing can do.

To clarify things I am a big proponent of Automixing I use it all the time for the dialog parts of musicals and for panel discussions and anywhere I need to have a lot of mics up for speaking. It is so much of a help. But it will make some very bad decisions if you try and let it do music. I know this from personal experience. I was one of the panelists (a minor one) with Dan Dugan and a few others for the Automixing for Live Sound panel at AES in NYC a few years ago.
  4. #4 by Robert Lofgren on 09-14-2015
    The automix is in the style of the Dugan. This means that the automix functionality is targeted speech-only applications using multiple mics.

While it probably can be used for other applications as well it is not its intended usage.

__________________________________________________ _______________________

Check the knowledgebase at https://kb.musictri.be/mghome

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE support via email at CARECREA@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Robert Lofgren
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator
  5. #5 by Peter Patrick on 09-15-2015
    - Paul Vannatto wrote View Post
    Hi Peter,

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the info - I will try it out

Peter P
  6. #6 by Peter Patrick on 09-25-2015

XR18 auto mix software

- Peter Patrick wrote View Post
    Hi Paul,

Thanks for the info - I will try it out

Peter P
    We now have the updated software ( 1.2) looks very good - well done Behringer

PP