MIDAS Console Feature Requests

1. #201 by Joel Buslewicz on 01-01-2018

M32 Mix App and M32-Q

A couple things Iím still surprised havenít been addressed, but we need access to the panning within a aux mix bus. I have musicians/singers that pan things sometimes intentionally sometimes not, and at this point there is no way I can access that from the M32 Mix app?? Unless Iím missing something.

Secondly can we get access to the aux bus EQ via the M32-Q app? This is a pretty useful function that is missing. This could go along with the desire for GEQs across all faders as well, but the artist should have access to their own mix bus EQ, and there could always be some sort of lockout programmed in if the engineer needs to do so.
  2. #202 by Tom Caine on 01-08-2018

Use M32 as control surface for other consoles

I'm using an M32 for iem's. All instruments come into the iem mixer and I send them to another M32 at FOH via aes50.

To be able to control the M32 at iem's using the FOH board would be super!

Or I could just have an M32C and DL32 that the FOH M32 could fully control.
  3. #203 by Daniel Paglinco on 02-02-2018
    Hey Tom Iím actually looking for the same features/workflow for my m32/M32r/dl32. I want to have to places to control everything so I donít have to rely on WiFi/ iPad for one or the other. And to do a full split doesnít allow me to change monitors from one and foh from the other. On gigs with just a roadie or by myself itís inportant to be able to make those changes from either console. Fingers crossed they can make it happen. Thanks.
  4. #204 by Stefan Grill on 02-13-2018

Channel Insert

Hey,

It would be great, if we would finally get an option for a post fade insert point. Imho it's a little embarrassing, that you're not able to do that on a midas pro desk. There are some guys out there who are not only doing music with pro desks.
    It's simply weird to use a post fade direct out and use a channel to get it back into the desk when using dugan automixer in waves multirack. just for example. I mean it's 2018. Or have I missed something?

I hope that you guys will add that in the future.
  5. #205 by Guillaume DESBOIS on 03-03-2018

Mixtender feature request - polarity control

Hi there,
    one great feature in Mixtender 2 would be to be able to change the polarity of an input or output.
    I work with in-ear monitors and really miss this to compare polarity on a mike or drum sub at the musicians position.
    thanks,
  6. #206 by Gio Stefani on 03-06-2018

Renaming of Sessions on X-Live Card in M32C

This post might be better on the Behringer forum, but I'll ask it here anyway. Patrick-Gilles Maillot developed a app X32XLive_wav that explodes sessions into individual WAV files and concatenates them as well. One other nice option was the ability to rename the session. I'm sure others have asked, but to rename a session to something more meaningful rather than a date/time stamp would be nice.

Musically Yours,

Gio
  7. #207 by Patrick-Gilles Maillot on 03-06-2018
    - Gio Stefani wrote View Post
    This post might be better on the Behringer forum, but I'll ask it here anyway. Patrick-Gilles Maillot developed a app X32XLive_wav that explodes sessions into individual WAV files and concatenates them as well. One other nice option was the ability to rename the session. I'm sure others have asked, but to rename a session to something more meaningful rather than a date/time stamp would be nice.
    Gio,

I agree, it would be nice to have a way to name the session when you create it. There's officially a way to modify the session name after creation by using OSC commands, but there's an issue and the name does not 'propagate' to the SD card.
    As to using the date stamp as a default option, it's a very effective way to enable a quick "I click and record starts right away" feature while avoiding naming issues. So to me this is a good option.

Just wish the rename would work ...

-Patrick
  8. #208 by Richard Rhoads on 03-26-2018

Solo options per channel

- Chase McKnight wrote View Post
    Dear all,

Please post your MIDAS console feature requests here and I'll ensure they are seen by our Research & Development team. This thread can serve as a repository for both PRO Series and M32 requests.
    I would LOVE to be able to Solo PFL/AFL on a per input basis. Not being able to do this or find a work around killed the idea of upgrading our two rooms. Not being able to cue tracks or troubleshoot instrument issues on channels PFL when I need vocals AFL is a big obstacle.
  9. #209 by Seth Uldall on 04-11-2018

Make the monitor outs fully assignable

I use the M32C and M32 Edit software on PC.

It would be nice if the "C", or Core unit had assignable outs on it. If it's possible to make the balanced monitor outs assignable as the mains or matrix and disabling the "Solo" from the output, it would save cabling and I could just put the Core unit in the same rack as the amps... requiring only a CAT5 to the stage box/s.

However, I'd still need the Solo function to work for any output that is assigned the monitor as a source in the routing configuration.

While you're at it... may as well make the talkback mic input fully assignable too, and be able to designate any other input to the talkback function.
  10. #210 by Bernd Van Praet on 04-11-2018

Shure ULXD / Axient Digital Control

Like earlier posted in a seperated topic:

Control of the gain / feedback of the Shure ULXD / Axient Digital series.

Would be very nice!