MIDAS Console Feature Requests

1. #211 by Hyrum Summerhays on 04-22-2018

Mix lockout from console

I know this has already been requested but wanted to chime in and add my voice, M32-Q app is one of the best monitor apps around from what I have seen but just last night I got bit by one of the musicians changing the wedges for the cast in a musical I am mixing. I use an M32 C for monitors with an analog split to a Waves LV1 for FOH. Having the band control their own monitors is fantastic and the app is great, I just need to be able to lock them down so they can only touch own mix. I know you can do it in system preferences on IOS devices, can you do the same on Android? Even if yes it should be able to be done from console or at least M32 Edit software not just from musician's devices. Great platform at a great price but would really really like to see this feature sooner rather than later. Thanks!
  2. #212 by Mario JG Luppini on 04-22-2018

Mejoras en Aplicación M-Air

Hola amigos, luego e utilizar durante algún tiempo el software para operar mi MIDAS MR18, me gustaría hacerle llegar algunas recomendaciones/mejoras para futuras versiones del M-Air.

- Permitir crear usuarios con acceso por contraseña para limitar el acceso a las funciones (Cerrar la aplicación, cambiar la posición de las ventanas, vero o modificar configuración y demás)

- Agregar la posibilidad de asignar un nombre a las ventanas USUARIOS

- Agregar un comando que permita bloquear la posición de las ventanas (usuario, RTA, meters, etc.) mediante el botón derecho del mouse en PC o manteniendo presionada la pantalla en Android.

- Agregar la posibilidad de cambiar los colores de todo el entorno.

- Agregar una opción para habilitar o deshabilitar que el fader se detenga un instante en 0db al pasar sobre esa marca.

- Agregar un botón de Pantalla Completa para eliminar la barra de títulos y poder aprovechar todo el tamaño del monitor.

- En la pantalla principal permitir visualizar el RTA sin tener que recurrir a abrirlo en una segunda ventana.

- Mejorar la visualización en pantallas anchas (16:9)

- Elegir que canales ver en la pantalla principal (como se permite en USUARIOS)
  3. #213 by Bill Camillo on 05-08-2018

Additional Pro X metering Idea. Metering for VCA input faders, while in Extend mode

Hi Chase and R&D team!

I find that I rely on the meter section above the faders more than I realized. Especially in a Worship band situation where I have a different set of singers and musicians on a week to week, and Saturday to Sunday basis. I find myself often not using the "Extend" button that much due to the fact of not being able to see any input metering, for those channels that are extended over the VCA faders.

A cool feature to solve this would be;
    When the "Extend" button is depressed, a meter section is placed at the bottom of the left Pro X display in "Default" mode. This display would cover up the third row of the Output Display area, as shown outlined in blue, in the image Link below

Display.https://www.dropbox.com/s/dyarpadqmo...0here.png?dl=0

I personally do not rely heavily on the Output display info that this temporary meter display would cover up. This could also be an optional check box feature in User preferences for those users that do not want their Output display to be coverd up.

This proposed meter display area could easily be divided into 12 subdivisions for the 12 VCA faders.
    The 12 subdivisions would fit, as this is already shown in the Input area at the top of this same Default display, as shown outlined in Blue, in the image link below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4qcjo80x8w...ample.png?dl=0

These 12 subdivisions could then be filled with a graphical duplicate of the Input/Comp/Gate metering, just like those above the Hardware Input Channel strips.

When the Extend Button is not engaged, the Default display would return to normal and show all three rows of Output Busses.

I think this would be a great feature to have, and would make the Extend feature even more effective.

I will be at Infocomm this year and can stop by for further discussion if need be.

Thank You for your consideration.

Bill Camillo

Last edited by Bill Camillo; 05-08-2018 at 01:19 PM.
  4. #214 by Bill Camillo on 4 Weeks Ago
    - Bill Camillo wrote View Post
    Hi Chase and R&D team!

I find that I rely on the meter section above the faders more than I realized. Especially in a Worship band situation where I have a different set of singers and musicians on a week to week, and Saturday to Sunday basis. I find myself often not using the "Extend" button that much due to the fact of not being able to see any input metering, for those channels that are extended over the VCA faders.

A cool feature to solve this would be;
    When the "Extend" button is depressed, a meter section is placed at the bottom of the left Pro X display in "Default" mode. This display would cover up the third row of the Output Display area, as shown outlined in blue, in the image Link below

Display.https://www.dropbox.com/s/dyarpadqmo...0here.png?dl=0

I personally do not rely heavily on the Output display info that this temporary meter display would cover up. This could also be an optional check box feature in User preferences for those users that do not want their Output display to be coverd up.

This proposed meter display area could easily be divided into 12 subdivisions for the 12 VCA faders.
    The 12 subdivisions would fit, as this is already shown in the Input area at the top of this same Default display, as shown outlined in Blue, in the image link below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4qcjo80x8w...ample.png?dl=0

These 12 subdivisions could then be filled with a graphical duplicate of the Input/Comp/Gate metering, just like those above the Hardware Input Channel strips.

When the Extend Button is not engaged, the Default display would return to normal and show all three rows of Output Busses.

I think this would be a great feature to have, and would make the Extend feature even more effective.

I will be at Infocomm this year and can stop by for further discussion if need be.

Thank You for your consideration.

Bill Camillo
    My Apologies

I incorrectly stated above that there are 12 VCA's above, as well with my 12 division illustration above.

Their are only 10 VCA's.
    Even better then to fit 10 subdivisions in that space

Thanks you again for your consideration.
  5. #215 by Andy Lauer on 2 Weeks Ago

Waves, XWSG, Soundgrid, and missing Inserts

Hi
    ON M32!!!

Some People already request this Option and this is very important to use the Waves Soundgrid. Please give us the Option to send 32 Inserts directly to the Card, not only 6 Aux Inserts. Please update this as an "(32) Inserts to Card Out" , and this with the possibillity to use those 32 Inserts in Channels 1-32 , as also in the BUS/Matrix (to insert some effects in Monitor or Matrix Out as well).
    Thanks

Last edited by Andy Lauer; 2 Weeks Ago at 10:41 AM.
  6. #216 by David Ison on 2 Weeks Ago

Use assign buttons as talkback buttons

I use an x32 and M32r and they are both great desks and i use them for both theatre and broadcast use. One thing that would make them excellent and not just great would be the ability to use the assign buttons as extra talkback buttons over and above talkback A & B. When on a broadcast it would be useful at times for me to have access to 6 push to talk talkback destinations.
    I would by happy if they did not latch etc...but just having the ability to talk down all the busses from the assign buttons would be amazing.

Do you think this is possible?

Thanks.

David.
  7. #217 by Kevin Maxwell on 2 Weeks Ago
    - David Ison wrote View Post
    I use an x32 and M32r and they are both great desks and i use them for both theatre and broadcast use. One thing that would make them excellent and not just great would be the ability to use the assign buttons as extra talkback buttons over and above talkback A & B. When on a broadcast it would be useful at times for me to have access to 6 push to talk talkback destinations.
    I would by happy if they did not latch etc...but just having the ability to talk down all the busses from the assign buttons would be amazing.

Do you think this is possible?

Thanks.

David.
    I am not suggesting that your Feature request isn’t valid but I think there is a way to make this mostly work with some setup. Until they enable your feature request. But don’t hold your breath.

I know under snippets there is Talkback as one of the check boxes and you can assign specific Snippets to specific Uses Assign Buttons (UAB). And you can use Paul V.s toolbox to edit the snippets if you need to.

I just played about with that on a full sized M32 and it works with some caveats.
    For testing I setup 4 UABs to recall 4 different snippets. The snippets only had Talkback checked. One of the tricks and the cautions is on the surface the TALKA button must be pressed and latched and lit. If you set it up to latch and don’t touch it, it stays latched. This can be used to your benefit or not.

The UABs don’t light of stay lit in this configuration, if there is a way to make the light toggle I would have to look further to figure that out. Actually the snippet recall command on a UAB isn’t a toggle so that is probably why it won’t light. The problem with this is if you aren’t in the view mode on the Talkback section you have no way of knowing what you have enabled.

Keep in mind that with this method you are recalling the state of the talkback setup. So you can’t have multiple buttons that each turn on a talkback destination and have them be cumulative. So for this test I assigned 4 UABs to do the following. UAB 9 clears all destinations, 10 sets MixBus1, 11 sets MixBus2, 12 sets MixBus1, 2 and 3. This should give you an idea of the capabilities.

UAB 9 recalled the snippet that had talkback A with the Button Mode A latched and no Talkback destinations checked.

UAB 10 recalled the snippet that had talkback A with the Button Mode A latched and MixBus 1 checked.

UAB 11 recalled the snippet that had talkback A with the Button Mode A latched and MixBus 2 checked.

UAB 12 recalled the snippet that had talkback A with the Button Mode A latched and MixBus 1&2&3 checked.

I hope this is of some help till they maybe make you request a reality.

BTW check out Palladium by https://www.chsounddesign.com/ for controlling mixers for theatrical productions.
  8. #218 by Joel Pinheiro on 2 Days Ago

Midas Pro1 suggestion

It would be great if the "LCD Select buttons" of input channels could show the associated channel number on the mixer. Maybe a small number on one of its corners.
    Sometimes while going thru the channel pages I loose idea of the channel numbers that are showing to me.