Midas M32 Edit Channel Gain Settings

1. #11 by Philip Angell on 5 Days Ago
    Paul,

Thanks for your help.

I'm a Systems Analyst/Testing guy by trade, so I find this stuff interesting.

I just did another test. No matter how many times I opened the Save.scn file, adjusted the gains and saved it, it didn't see to be saving. But I saved the file this time using Cues/Save, and now if I open it with the front screen Load, it seems to have retained the gain presets.

Now if I hit Save and Load on the front screen it seems to be working as expected.

So perhaps the fact I was saving on the front screen initially was not saving the gain settings, but once I saved it using Cue/Save they are now there.

Hope that explanation makes sense. Just some further info I thought you might be interested in.

One other unrelated, or slightly unrelated, question. Is it possible to open a blank scene? If I wanted to load a completely fresh scene in M32 Edit, I can't seem to see how I'd do that.

Philip
  2. #12 by Paul Vannatto on 5 Days Ago
    - Philip Angell wrote View Post
    I'm a Systems Analyst/Testing guy by trade, so I find this stuff interesting.
    Great, thanks for finding the bug. If there was ever a bug finder, it would be my wife. Back in the days when the IBM personal computers first came out, I ended up with a Zenith clone (similar to the Compaq lunchbox). But it had MS-DOS 2.0, which wasn't fully IBM compatible. So there were not that many programs available. My wife wanted an accounting program, which led me to make one using DBase 2.0. Unfortunately, if there was a bug to find, she'd find it (and drove me almost nuts).

If you want to understand what is saved in a scene file, have a look at these files using a text editor. The headamps (gain and phantom) are the lines at the very end. That is why those settings are loaded last.

I just did another test. No matter how many times I opened the Save.scn file, adjusted the gains and saved it, it didn't see to be saving. But I saved the file this time using Cues/Save, and now if I open it with the front screen Load, it seems to have retained the gain presets.

Now if I hit Save and Load on the front screen it seems to be working as expected.

So perhaps the fact I was saving on the front screen initially was not saving the gain settings, but once I saved it using Cue/Save they are now there.

Hope that explanation makes sense. Just some further info I thought you might be interested in.
    The Save button on the main screen does not seem to be consistent. Hopefully the developers can sort it out. I've passed on the 2 scene files and the comparison.

Is it possible to open a blank scene? If I wanted to load a completely fresh scene in M32 Edit, I can't seem to see how I'd do that.
    The best way to do that is to initialize the mixer (Setup, Mixer, Initialize Mixer). Then save the scene.

__________________________________________________ _______________________
    For additional help please refer to the X32 wiki pages for updated and current documentation about the X32.

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE via email at CARECREA@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Paul Vannatto
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator