UltraNet Limitations

1. #1 by Mike Carlson on 1 Week Ago

UltraNet Limitations

Is there a limit to the number of iQ speakers you can run on a single UltraNet cable, or a limitation on the overall length of the cable run to the last speaker?

I ran into an issue where at the 11th iQ speaker, I ran into the speaker having issues with the UltraNet signal. The total length of cat5e cable was about 100ish feet.

I tried different speakers and different combinations of iQ15 and iQ18b and it came down to adding the 11th speaker. Firmware is all up to date on all speakers.

Currently I use the UltraNet out of my S32. To work around the issue I was running into, I ran 10 of the speakers off the UltraNet of the S32 and 2 of the speakers off the UltraNet of the X32 mixer. Worked fine.

Ideally that wont work in most situations where I mix so I want to see what the limitations are.
  2. #2 by Matteo Barbaro on 6 Days Ago

Ultranet limitations

Hi Mike,

The answers in red.

BR

P.s.: sorry for my bad english...

- Mike Carlson wrote View Post
    Is there a limit to the number of iQ speakers you can run on a single UltraNet cable, or a limitation on the overall length of the cable run to the last speaker? on a single ultranet link you can use at last 7 speakers without performance loss

I ran into an issue where at the 11th iQ speaker, I ran into the speaker having issues with the UltraNet signal. The total length of cat5e cable was about 100ish feet. look at the previous answer, for the cable length no problem, you can use 165 feet cable from a device to another without problem.

I tried different speakers and different combinations of iQ15 and iQ18b and it came down to adding the 11th speaker. Firmware is all up to date on all speakers. if you want to use more than 7 speakers without problem you must use a behringher P16-D, that let you reach "only" 56 total speakers on Ultranet.

Currently I use the UltraNet out of my S32. To work around the issue I was running into, I ran 10 of the speakers off the UltraNet of the S32 and 2 of the speakers off the UltraNet of the X32 mixer. Worked fine. Because you don't use a single node in this way

Ideally that wont work in most situations where I mix so I want to see what the limitations are.