Audible delay for activating delay effect on step change; reverb/delay tail cut off

1. #1 by Eno Thiemann on 1 Week Ago

Audible delay for activating delay effect on step change; reverb/delay tail cut off

Hi there,

I have a rather odd problem.
    I am using the VoiceLive 2 in a sitting position (piano) and thus wanted to use steps in order to enable/disable the delay in a song (Step 1: No delay, step 2: delay) as needed. This is drastically easier than aiming for the delay button, as my foot is in a more horizontal position than while standing.
    The problem is that on changing to step 2, the delay GETS activated, but has an audible gap before it sets in. I stomp to step 2 approx. a half (or even a full) second before I need the delay, and the first signal the delay picks up and repeats comes about a second later, so the first vocals are cut off, thus I would have to change steps way before I actually need it. This happens even when I have delay enabled on both steps and just reduce the volume of the delay to -59dB or alike for the first step. Is there a way around it?

Also, is there a trick to allow for tails of reverb and delay effects not to be cut off when disabling the effect via step or preset changes? How can I disable a delay effect without stomping the delay button and without a cut-off effect?

Best

Eno