Switched to stereo IEM and can't pan instruments in IEM's. M32c - DL32 - M32 Edit

1. #1 by Danny Kurywchak on 1 Week Ago

Switched to stereo IEM and can't pan instruments in IEM's. M32c - DL32 - M32 Edit

Hello all,

I just purchased another 2 IEM systems so our band could switch from mono to stereo. I created the following Bus Links (1&2), (3&4), (5&6), (7&8) and panned each of the pair hard L & R. It all works great however, when I go into the any of the following linked bus sends and pan it doesn't do anything in the stereo mix in the IEM. I figured out a work around by unlinking them and going into the Main LR and selecting the channel I want to pan then clicking on Sends which allows me to independently move Bus 1 which is my Left IEM and Bus 2 which is my Right IEM. This does work but I could see this being a pain while playing live having to select between Bus 1 & 2 to make a quick change on an instrument as we adjust our own IEM's. Is there another way to accomplish this?

Thanks for any advice,
  2. #2 by Kevin Maxwell on 1 Week Ago
    - Danny Kurywchak wrote View Post
    Hello all,

I just purchased another 2 IEM systems so our band could switch from mono to stereo. I created the following Bus Links (1&2), (3&4), (5&6), (7&8) and panned each of the pair hard L & R. It all works great however, when I go into the any of the following linked bus sends and pan it doesn't do anything in the stereo mix in the IEM. I figured out a work around by unlinking them and going into the Main LR and selecting the channel I want to pan then clicking on Sends which allows me to independently move Bus 1 which is my Left IEM and Bus 2 which is my Right IEM. This does work but I could see this being a pain while playing live having to select between Bus 1 & 2 to make a quick change on an instrument as we adjust our own IEM's. Is there another way to accomplish this?

Thanks for any advice,
    It doesn't sound like you linked the channels yet. Have you tried that?
  3. #3 by Danny Kurywchak on 1 Week Ago
    I did link the bus channels then later unlinked them when I couldn't pan without unlinking them. I could accomplish panning any channel in my stereo IEM by going to Bus 1 and adjust the left ear bud then adjusting bus 2 that only affects the right ear bud however, i'm hoping to find an easier solution. The only other channels that are linked are Keyboards L & R. Unless I am not understanding the question.
  4. #4 by Paul Vannatto on 1 Week Ago
    - Danny Kurywchak wrote View Post
    Hello all,

I just purchased another 2 IEM systems so our band could switch from mono to stereo. I created the following Bus Links (1&2), (3&4), (5&6), (7&8) and panned each of the pair hard L & R.
    If you manually panned the mixbuses, that means that the linking didn't happen, since they automatically hard pan L and R when linked. I would suggest you upload your scene file so that we can better advise. Here are the instructions

__________________________________________________ _______________________
    For additional help please refer to the X32 wiki pages for updated and current documentation about the X32.

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE via email at CARECREA@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Paul Vannatto
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator