Recording PC audio

1. #1 by Tim Mullin on 2 Weeks Ago

Recording PC audio

Hi - I use Mixcraft 8 and my setup is Win10 64-bit, Behringer UMC 204HD audio interface.

I'm trying to record the PC audio (a track from my music folder, or YouTube, for example) into my music software, for editing, cropping, mixing with other stuff, etc.

I have disabled all other audio devices in settings, so that only the UMC is carrying audio - but I can't record the internal signal to my recording software.

Any ideas?

thanks
  2. #2 by Tim Mullin on 11 Hours Ago

Recording PC's audio - update

Hello - for those who might have a similar problem, I have a fix, to record incoming audio.

Having been frustrated in my attemtps to reconfigure incoming/outoging/ASIO/on-board sound, etc., I revisited the Win+G option.

This records everything (ensure you tick the 'audio' option in Win+G settings) - I ran the track in Youtube, hit Record in Win+G. Once the track had finished, hit Stop on Win+G, go to Mixcraft and Add Video Track.

Retrieve your video clip (usually from Captures in the Videos folder) and there is your fully fledged audio track, under the video track.

Voila!