Main L dead on MR18!!

1. #1 by Federico Canuti on 2 Weeks Ago

Main L dead on MR18!!

I was hoping this little boy to be a little more robust, after a couple of home recording and one live performance (in a solid rack) the Main L out is dead, silent, kaput.

I tried every combination of cable and monitor but nothing is coming from the left side, even if it's showing on the m-air edit app, I think I will refer to the support tomorrow.

I tried also the initialize in the Setup windows but nothing changed... any advice before I part from my mr18?
  2. #2 by Federico Canuti on 2 Weeks Ago

Last edited by Federico Canuti; 2 Weeks Ago at 07:20 AM.
  3. #3 by Kevin Maxwell on 2 Weeks Ago
    - Federico Canuti wrote View Post
    I was hoping this little boy to be a little more robust, after a couple of home recording and one live performance (in a solid rack) the Main L out is dead, silent, kaput.

I tried every combination of cable and monitor but nothing is coming from the left side, even if it's showing on the m-air edit app, I think I will refer to the support tomorrow.

I tried also the initialize in the Setup windows but nothing changed... any advice before I part from my mr18?
    I am not sure if the initialization purges your routing. Can you post a scene here so we can look if something got set weird.
  4. #4 by Federico Canuti on 2 Weeks Ago
    Ok I try to attach the scene.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  5. #5 by Kevin Maxwell on 2 Weeks Ago
    - Federico Canuti wrote View Post
    Ok I try to attach the scene.
    The one thing that I thought it could be looks fine. So it looks like it could be a hardware issue. But try one thing first, go to the in/out screen and try changing the Aux1 output to Main L and see if the signal from Main L is now coming out of Aux1. Then change it back so Aux 1 is back on Bus1 and see if anything has changed.

There are 2 different places where it indicates Initialize. Both are under the Setup screen, one is under the Connection tab (that you showed in the picture you posted) and one is under the GUI Prefs. I dont know if either of these really wipes the MR18 completely clean and back to factory settings.

Please let us know what you end up finding out.
  6. #6 by Federico Canuti on 2 Weeks Ago
    NOthing changed, it went to the support, let's hope they are quick!
  7. #7 by Federico Canuti on 1 Week Ago
    The already sent the unit back!!
    I don't know what they did, but they have been very quick, almost too much.
    I will check this evening if everything is ok.