1 x X32 Rack
    1 x DL16
    1 x SD8
    1 x Klark Teknik 100m CAT5E cable
    1 x 1M CAT6 cable
    1 x 30M CAT6 cable

M32R and X32 Firmware 3.08
    DL16 Firmware 2.3

When connecting DL16 to either M32 or X32 by any of CAT6 cable - works just great

When connecting DL16 to either M32 or X32 by original shielded CAT5E - green is blinking, no connect.

Using the SAME cable (100m CAT5E) - connecting SD8 to either M or X - works great

Now, attention! Connect M or X to SD8 by CAT5E and DL16 to SD8 by any of CAT6 - both work great.....

Previously, same DL16 worked great with the 5e cable...

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance!
    Bormo.
  2. #2 by Paul Vannatto on 4 Weeks Ago
    Hi Bormo,

Welcome to the forum. What mode is the DL16 configured to (see wiki)? Make sure the SN Master LED is off.

__________________________________________________ _______________________
    For additional help please refer to the X32 wiki pages for updated and current documentation about the X32.

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE via email at CARECREA@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Paul Vannatto
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator
  3. #3 by Bormo Glot on 4 Weeks Ago
    Hi Paul,

Thank you for the reply!

Yes, it is in default mode, no LEDs are on.

And it works just great with short cable...
  4. #4 by Paul Vannatto on 4 Weeks Ago
    OK, that rules that out Bormo. Can I assume that the Klark Teknik 100m CAT5E cable has the ethercon ends on, but the two cat6 cables do not? If so, loosen the tightening nuts of the ethercon shells, insert into the DL16 and M32 and wiggle the cable near the ethercon a bit and make sure the ethercon ends snap in. Then tighten the tightening nuts. Does the green light turn solid?

The reason I suggest this is that I make up my own STP cat5e or cat6 cables and add ethercon ends. Periodically, the ethernet ends don't line up correctly inside the ethercon shells, which results in poor connections with the AES50 jacks.

For additional help please refer to the X32 wiki pages for updated and current documentation about the X32.

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE via email at CARECREA@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Paul Vannatto
  5. #5 by Bormo Glot on 4 Weeks Ago
    Yes, Paul, did it all. The 30M cable has Ethercon installed by me as well.

I've tried to remove Ethercons from 100M cable - still same, works with SD8 and does not work with DL16.

It is what bothers me - it works with one stagebox and does not with another...

But the good idea I'll check the cable using tester. I'll update soon.

Thank you, Paul
    Bormo.
  6. #6 by Bormo Glot on 4 Weeks Ago
    Update - I didn't find network tester, so I performed the following check:

1. Connected my Mac to the router with the CAT6 cable and checked up/down the speed
    2. Connected same Mac to the same router using this 100M CAT5E cable with removed Ethercon's - same speed.

So looks like the cable is OK. Speed it 100M/S for both - my home Internet speed.

I've tried one more time connecting the DL to the M with this cable with Ethercons removed - still same problem...

So looks like the problem in the DL, just want to understand what kind of problem...
  7. #7 by Paul Vannatto on 4 Weeks Ago
    Hi Bormo,

This may sound like a bizarre question. But you are plugging the ethercon cable into the AES50 A port of the DL16, right? It won't sync in the B port.

Paul Vannatto
  8. #8 by Bormo Glot on 4 Weeks Ago
    Sure, to the A port.

I've used this DL with this cable for 4 years, and it was just great, I've got the problem last Easter right before a Service...
  9. #9 by Paul Vannatto on 4 Weeks Ago
    Well one more suggestion, before I suggest you contact CARE (contact info in my signature below). Have a look at the AES50 A port of the DL16 with a magifying glass, particularly the alignmnent of the fingers that make the connections to the ethernet cable ends. I have seen reports of bent fingers.

Paul Vannatto
  10. #10 by Bormo Glot on 4 Weeks Ago
    Thank you, Paul, we're thinking the same way - just checked

I'll contact the CARE