x32 Rack front panel navigation

1. #1 by Mario Pinna on 06-13-2018

x32 Rack front panel navigation

So I get to the gig on Saturday and my wireless router is dead.... I was able to hit up google and figure pout how to unmute the mains (i mute mains and monitors in between sets and at end of shows so when it boots up next, they are already muted) but I couldn't figure out how to unmute my mons.

I just ran mains left and right into 2 channels on the pubs board and then ran that to the monitors so that we had FOH mix on stage at least...but it sucked not having individual mix capabilities!

That said, i've since bought a router, but I want to put together a cheat sheet for muting/unmuting mains and mons, accessing channel faders, and channel send faders so i can tweak the mon mixes as well. Before i set out to peruse this stuff in the manual, I thought I would check with the brainiacs here as to whether or not this was doable.

I might also start carrying around a laptop with x32 edit on it..... but I'd rather not have to lug anything else with me if i'm honest.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
  2. #2 by Paul Vannatto on 06-13-2018
    Hi Mario,

Good reason to always have a backup router (I always do). It is really a challenge to have to mix from the Rack's front panel. To get to the monitor mutes, you have to scroll through the channels, etc until you see "bus" (or something like that).

The other thing I always bring is my laptop. Since I typically bring a 4'x6' enclosed trailer of gear, a laptop is insignificant in size, but incredibly helpful for troubleshooting, etc. Another option is a Raspberry Pi with a 7-10" touchscreen. Then there is the DIY midi foot pedal project (using an arduino).

__________________________________________________ _______________________
    For additional help please refer to the X32 wiki pages for updated and current documentation about the X32.

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE via email at CARECREA@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Paul Vannatto
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator
  3. #3 by Mario Pinna on 06-13-2018
    Thanks Paul!! I should get your phone number so I can call you in times of need (jk). Thanks to your response I was able to extrapolate how to get to my DCA groups and mute/unmute my monitors! Once I figured out how to switch channels etc, it was actually pretty easy. And then you can adjust sends on each channel for the monitor mixes thereafter.

Thanks again for your help. You always have great info/advice. Cheers!
  4. #4 by Paul Vannatto on 06-13-2018
    You are most welcome Mario. Glad to hear that you figured it out. Even though I love my X32 Racks, mixing an event from that front panel would be brutal.

__________________________________________________ _______________________
    For additional help please refer to the X32 wiki pages for updated and current documentation about the X32.

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE via email at CARECREA@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Paul Vannatto
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator