Voicelive 3 x

1. #1 by David Jackson on 1 Week Ago

Voicelive 3 x

Hi and thank you for letting me join the forum
    Can anyone help yesterday I purchased a VL 3extreme from gear4music and am having a problem loading backing tracks. To start with I have tried many different thumb drives all formatted to fat32. I have loaded wave and mp3 and can confirm that the songs are from the drive.voicelive 3 sees the thumb drive and songs. I select load and press ok and they start to load but when finished there's no songs to play on the voicelive 3 to play. Do you think I have a faulty unit from day1?

Kind regards

David
  2. #2 by VoiceLiveEditor on 1 Week Ago
    Hi

If the VL3Extreme is seeing the thumb drive, and you can see the tracks, I assume you have sellected the track, and then clicked Ok, you should then get a message saying it is importing the track and when finished ( which can take some minutes) a message pops up saying IMPORT FINISHED.

Now on the preset you wish to assign the backing track, press the Soft Touch Looper Button ( the one by the LCD screen), navigate across to BACKING TRACK, it probably is saying None. Turn the first small mix knob until it displays the BAcking Tracking you have imported.

Remember that you need to press the STORE button twice to save the change.

nb If using a mac, be carefull when you transfer file to a thumb drive as you will also get a file with the underscore _ prefixing the file name, it is best to remove these files the mac creates, as they can cause confusion.

Also make sure that your using the latest version of the Firmware Build 366 (Press Hold Genre Button, it will give you info on your system).
    If not the Download VoiceSupport 2, from TC-Helicon site and Update your VL3 Extreme.

https://www.tc-helicon.com/p/P0CMP/Downloads

Hope that helps

3. #3 by Chris Tidestrom on 1 Week Ago
    Hi David!
    Are you using a Mac?
    If yes, then you may see your track files with a "._" in front of the name. That is NOT your file, just a reference file that macOS makes. You'll need to keep scrolling in the list until you see the tracks WITHOUT that prefix. Those are the REAL files.
  4. #4 by David Jackson on 1 Week Ago
    Hi I'm using windows 10
    I will give it all a try and let you know
    thank you for the reply's

David
  5. #5 by Tim Pendergrass on 1 Week Ago

backing tracks don't import

I was able to follow all the instructions for importing and 60 songs came in without issue, but 3 of the tracks will not import. I have tried .wav, MP3 and re-encoding them, voicelive3 sees them but won't import, any ideas?
  6. #6 by VoiceLiveEditor on 1 Week Ago
    Hi

Just out of curiousity, how much memory is left on the vl3.

Press and Hold Genre Button, you should then get a screen displaying information on your Vl3, including available loop space.

If you have enough loop space, can you import any other file; or is it just these three?

7. #7 by Tim Pendergrass on 1 Week Ago
    243 minutes left, I will try another file, out of 70 files, these 3 won’t import, and I tried one at a time, re encoded as mp3, wav at 24 bit 48
  8. #8 by Tim Pendergrass on 1 Week Ago
    For future readers of this, I tried to select all and import and it went thru all my songs and skipped the ones that were imported and finally did import the pesky 3 that wouldn’t import one at a time, solved!