UMC404HD, learning the hard way..USB B compatibility, length

1. #1 by Andrew Cheung on 1 Week Ago

UMC404HD, learning the hard way..USB B compatibility, length

I have had the UMC404HD for a week and the first time I ran it it was a nightmare, I've used to use a very long usb cable to reach further places for tracking with the xeyx usb mixer but it this new interface is not cooperative with it, I though my interface was broken but the oem cable worked. So I have no clue if it is just the cable lacking quality or if it is a cable length technical limit, so maybe Behringer would sell some longer cables that are vetted for this
  2. #2 by Robert Lofgren on 1 Week Ago
    The limit is 5m/16ft if you use a high quality usb cable. If the cable was cheap then it isn’t a high quality cable and you can expect it to work less than 5m.

There exist usb cables with builtin active usb repeaters for longer runs that may or may not work for this application. Another solution is to put an usb hub in between two cables.

__________________________________________________ _______________________

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE support via email at CARECREA@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Robert Lofgren
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator
  3. #3 by Andrew Cheung on 1 Week Ago

I see.. I guess my 25ft cable will be only for my mixer then :/

That's good to know, I guess I'll just have to extend the analog inputs instead.