Key/Scale randomly changes during song.

1. #1 by Nathan Herigstad on 2 Weeks Ago

Key/Scale randomly changes during song.

Unless I misunderstand... am instructed to set harmony to Cmaj2. Having done that, the Cmaj 2 setting randomly changes to random keys. and the Cmaj 2 setting randomly changes during a song to C1 min? Help me to make this craziness go away. Please!
  2. #2 by VoiceLiveEditor on 2 Weeks Ago
    Hi

Not much to go off..

WHen you have chnaged the key/scale make sure that you save the preset ( press STORE twice).
    Remeber each step in a preset can have a different key/scale so make sure that you check the steps are correct, and if you change a step again make sure you save the preset.

If your using MIDI, it is possible that the VL3 is responding to a key/scale change it is receiving by MIDI. You have various options in SETUP->MIDI for filtering; if these are not sufficient then check if you can filter/block your keyboard/software from sending the messages.

Check to see if you have Global Key/Scale turned on, if so turn it off.
    SETUP->SYSTEM.

Are you aware that if you press and HOLD the Harmony footswitch down it brings up a KEY/SCALE screen for you to adjust it on the fly; could you be actiavting this?

Just some thoughts.

3. #3 by Nathan Herigstad on 2 Weeks Ago

key/scale randomly changes during song

I am a newby to the processor . when the harmony sounds delicious would it be helpful to tap the store button twice? If I am playing through a song and can easily detect the harmony that was sounding terrific is now off. I do two things. Hold down the harmony button and can see the cmaj2 key changed to D or whatever. So I tap on vocal and bring up harmony , set 123 and 4 on naturalplay and reset the randomly selected new key back to cmaj2 At that point do I need to tap store 2 times?
  4. #4 by VoiceLiveEditor on 2 Weeks Ago
    Hi

The VL3 does not AUTOSAVE changes to presets/steps/loop. This is done so that you will always have the same settings when you start a preset. And the ability to change parameters on the fly during a performance, that will not change the preset when you reload that preset.

So whenever you change a value in a preset/step and you want it to recall the change next time, you MUST save the preset.
    The same principle is for the Looper/BT if you have made changes to the Looper/BT/Automation and you wish that to be kept, you must save the LOOPER/BT changes in the LOOPER Screen, or they wil be forgot.
    Again this is useful with Looper so that you can start with you main loop, and then build the rest during your performance.