Question on latency

1. #1 by Roy Hewa on 2 Weeks Ago

Question on latency

Newbie here.

Recently got a Play Acoustic and this is how I am going to use it.

I got SoundCraft UI24R mixer and I will connect TCH PlayAcoustic to it as below.

1. Connect one Aux out (Music tracks) from the mixer to AUX in of the PlayAcoustic so that it can detect the chord for harmony based on the music coming in.
    2. Connect one Aux out (Just Vocal) from the mixer to Mic in of the PlayAcoustic. The reason not to plug the mic direclty to PlayAcoustic is, instead I prefer to use the mixer's dynamics processing and EQ over the PlayAcoustic's tone enhancer.
    3. Set the Lead Vocal off and set the out to stereo in PlayAcoustic setup. That way I can just get the delay/reverb/harmony ouf of the PlayAcoustic without the lead vocal. Two outs from PlayAcoustic will go back to a stereo channel of the mixer.

Please note there will not be a guitar connected to the PlayAcoustic

Question is will there be a noticable latency in above setup? Do you guys see any issue with the above setup please?

Thanks in advance.
  2. #2 by Marty Cansler on 2 Weeks Ago
    Hi Roy,
    Maybe a better route to try the following:
    - set the Play Acoustic to stereo out
    - turn off the tone button
    - connect the left out of the Play Acoustic to channel one on your mixer and pan al! Way left
    - connect the right out of the Play Acoustic to channel two on you mixer and pan all way right

Now you have good stereo separation for both backing tracks and vocal effects.

- connect your tracks to the aux in

Do you want the aux to go out through the xlr or just provide the harmony key? If you just want the key:
    - set the aux to main off so the signal stops in the Play Acoustic
    - set the input parameters to aux only

I am assuming you want to use the mixer to control the tracks. If so, I put the backing tracks to a chennls and use the monitor send to get the key and allow the backing tracks to go out the main so they can be adjusted to you vocals and eq as you want.

Is this what you wanted?

If not, come back and I will see if I can help..
  3. #3 by Roy Hewa on 2 Weeks Ago
    - Marty Cansler wrote View Post
    Hi Roy,
    Maybe a better route to try the following:
    - set the Play Acoustic to stereo out
    - turn off the tone button
    Thanks Marty for the detailed reply. Will give this a try as well.