Help Please music not coming from computer ofr monitors

1. #1 by Jaye Fayed on 3 Weeks Ago

Help Please music not coming from computer ofr monitors

Just bought a QX1222USB mixer and JBL 308's withy subwoofer. When I plug in the mic on #1 and 2 it works great but when I try to record a song I cannot hear the music or the back tracks playing out of my speakers. or the monitors. I bought this USB mixer so I could. I have looked for the actual driver for this mixer but it only gives me asio driver. Could someone please help me or I am going to take this mixer back for a refund.

Thank you

Jaye
    Everett, WA
    jfayed@comcast.net.
  2. #2 by Mark Farrell on 3 Weeks Ago
    Hi Jaye,

'When I plug in the mic on #1 and 2 it works great'
    By this you mean you can record your vocals OK and play them back through the speakers/monitors?

'I cannot hear the music or the back tracks playing out of my speakers. or the monitors. '
    - I'm assuming you are attempting to send the backing track music to the mixer via USB and not using audio sent from some device such as an iPad or similar to a set of audio inputs on the mixer. Is this correct?
    - Are you using the same software (DAW) to play back the backing tracks as you are using to record the vocals? Not one software for recording vocals and a different software to play the backing tracks (such as Windows Media player or similar).
    - What is the software you are using to record

An ASIO driver would be the one most DAW recording softwares use , unless you are using Audacity to record with. Audacity can not use ASIO due to licensing restrictions, but can use the built Windows drivers for the mixer when selected in the audio options. I don't remember for sure, but think it does come up in the selection as 'USB Codec' or similar.

If you intend to record vocals along with the backing tracks, it would really be best to use 'closed back' headphones for tracking the vocals. A mic will 'hear' the speakers and it won't result in a good sounding recording. Closed back headphones will keep the backing tracks from 'leaking' into the recorded sound.