Complete Novice needs help!

1. #1 by Neil Woodley on 4 Weeks Ago

Complete Novice needs help!

Hi all,

I just purchased a Q1204USB to make up a small internet radio station. My music is on my PC which is connected via USB (of course) and I can get it to play through the mixer. My problem is two fold.
    1. I cannot see how to fade the music from the USB so if I wanted to use something for bed music and change the volume while I am talking over it I don't seem to be able to do that.
    2. I do not understand the signal routing logic through the unit. Is there a diagram or simple explanation of what goes where when various buttons are operated?

I am a complete novice so I am not familiar with the jargon terms used (but I can learn with a bit of help).

Looking forward to your help.

Cheers
    Neil
  2. #2 by Mark Farrell on 4 Weeks Ago
    I might be wrong, but I don't think there is a way to control the USB feed. I have a similar Behringer mixer and I can send the USB to the Main Outs or to the Phones/CTRL RM, but it does not give the ability to fade/control the USB. In looking at this I looked at the Yamaha MG10XU to see if it might be similar. Yamaha did it differently in that the USB can assigned to inputs 9/10 which can be controlled through a single level knob and is capable of what you want to do in that respect. Maybe someone else may have an idea if what you want to do can be done, but I don't see it.

Good luck finding block diagrams for the Behringer mixers. The most useful piece of information to figure out how a mixer functions and they omit it.
    The MG10XU does have separate Tech Spec doc which does include a block diagram.
  3. #3 by Neil Woodley on 3 Weeks Ago
    Thanks Mark

Appreciate the reply