Equipment Setup

1. #1 by Roger Belliveau on 2 Weeks Ago

Equipment Setup

My issue is one of equipment setup. OK all you tecknogeeks go easy on me. I am not one of you. I have been using yes Audacity and found it easy to understand and use. I use tracks and record my vocals and mix, master & render in Audacity. I wanted better quality so I purchased a Behringer X2222USB mixer and a power amp. Then I downloaded T7 DAW. I have tried everything they instructed me to try, including the Behringer USB Asio driver and the ASIO4All driver. I cannot get tracktion to communicate with the mixer. No recording or playback. I could with Audacity?? I'm at a point, after hundreds of hours, I'm ready to scrap both and buy another DAW that may work with the mixer. Has anyone had a similar problem?
  2. #2 by Paul Vannatto on 2 Weeks Ago
    Hi Roger,

Welcome to the forum. No you are not alone trying to get Tracktion to work. When I got my X32 Rack about 4 1/2 years ago, I tried the free version of Tracktion (v 4 at the time). After playing with it for a couple of hours with no luck, I went back to Reaper. The nice thing about Reaper is that you can download the full function app for a trial of 60 days (I believe) and the non-commercial license is very reasonable ($60US for 2 full version updates). Since then I've produced 2 CD's for a Catholic youth group and everyone involved were very pleased with the results. Have a look at Reaper

__________________________________________________ _______________________
    For additional help please refer to the X32 wiki pages for updated and current documentation about the X32.

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE via email at CARECREA@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Paul Vannatto
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator