UMC 404HD Suddenly Not Working, Almost All Lights On

1. #1 by Keltic Johnson on 2 Weeks Ago

UMC 404HD Suddenly Not Working, Almost All Lights On

Hello

So for some reason, my UMC 404HD has run into a problem where it's just not working. No input is received from the interface, and I'm getting no output when testing. For some reason when plugged in, almost all the lights come on as shown in the first image attachment, yet it's still being detected by UMC drivers as shown in the second image attachment. I have no idea what's going on, so any input on this helps.

List of fixes I have attempted:

Changing out the USB cable
    Changing out the USB port it was plugged into
    Reinstalling UMC drivers
    Plugging in external power (Never have used it before, so I don't know how it should act, but nothing came on when plugged in, nor did the interface turn on when both USB AND the external power were plugged in)

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
  2. #2 by Keltic Johnson on 2 Weeks Ago
    UPDATE:

So it's been about 20-21 hours since I submitted this post, and during that entire time, I left it off the entire day and time I was sleeping, checking it about every 3-4 hours to see if it would just randomly work. Sure enough right before I go to bed about 14 hours after unplugging, it did. I then decided to just leave it off overnight and again, it works. My problem seems to be fixed, although some official answer as to why this may be happening would be great to have.

Thanks!
  3. #3 by Keltic Johnson on 2 Weeks Ago
    UPDATE 2:

Ok, maybe I jumped the gun a little too early. Seems it's not working again, but I'm able to at least get something else to happen as shown in This video.

Last edited by Keltic Johnson; 2 Weeks Ago at 11:44 AM.
  4. #4 by Mark Stevens on 1 Week Ago
    Looks like the Preamps are shot. Open a ticket with behringer ASAP!