Using a Perform VG with a loop station

1. #1 by Sam Harris on 05-07-2018

Using a Perform VG with a loop station

Hi I am keen to get myself a Perform VG purely as i travel on trains and busses a lot and find it easy to slip into a bag. I currently use the VLX3 and love it but cannot carry it to every gig. I have a RC 300 and RC30 loop station and was wondering how the input being balanced for both units would work going into the mic input on the RC. Not sure if anyone has used the VG with a looper as this would be a life saver for me.
  2. #2 by Spencer Larsen on 06-13-2018
    Hey Sam,
    Yeah I could see this working really well actually! The easiest way to go about this would be to use the XLR output from Perform-VG and run that into the Mic Input of either the RC30 or RC300. The XLR output on Perform-VG is a mix of wet vocals and wet guitar, and it's at mic level, so either of the Loop Station's will happily receive it. If you want to separate your vocals from the guitar, you'll be limited to dry guitar, as using the guitar "Thru" output removes the guitar signal from the XLR output, and it's literally a hardwired "Thru" dry output typically to go to an amp. Hopefully that all makes sense and answers your question, cheers

Spencer Larsen
    Engineer, Testing
    TC Helicon,
    MUSIC Tribe
    Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.