INuke NU4 bridging

1. #1 by Darin Warren on 05-07-2018

INuke NU4 bridging

Hoping to hear from someone who has bridged channels on an nu4 6000 and was please with the results of more power to a channel.

2. #2 by Darin Warren on 05-09-2018
    No one? I'm....a bit surprised, and nervous.

Last edited by Darin Warren; 05-09-2018 at 03:39 AM.
  3. #3 by Paul Vannatto on 05-09-2018
    Sorry Darren. I can't help much, since I use all Carvin amps and speakers.

__________________________________________________ _______________________
    For additional help please refer to the X32 wiki pages for updated and current documentation about the X32.

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE via email at CARECREA@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Paul Vannatto
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator
  4. #4 by Darin Warren on 05-10-2018
    The iNuke 2ch 6000 specs at 1,600 @ 8ohms. I saw a guy on YT do a horsepower test of the inuke, and while the 4ch should be rated at 1,500w per channel, it real world tested at about 1,200w. So I'm guessing that a bridged 4ch which should be the same as a 2 ch 6000 which rates 1,600w might fall in the 1,300w range. Plenty more than I need.

Last edited by Darin Warren; 05-10-2018 at 01:04 PM.
  5. #5 by Darin Warren on 05-10-2018
    While I could find no videos of anyone bridging this amp, and couldn't get CARE on the phone just to make sure I was doing it correctly, I did find another forum where a guy had a question about it and got it worked out. Same question I had. The manual talks about bi-amping, but not bridging. Guessing I did it right, an A/B comparison between a PRX400 hooked to a single channel compared to a bridged channel was significant in volume, fullness and just richness of tone. I could have bought the 2ch 6000 and not the nu4 6000 for the same results, but this setup offers me 4 kick butt channels with two bridged inuke nu4-6000's or 4 "regular" channels when one fails. And, I have little confidence that one wont fail in a year or two. Sorry Behringer, just sayin.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...u4-6000-a.html

6. #6 by Darin Warren on 05-13-2018

Question for guys that know..

Need to know before I do any damage. I'm bridging channels on my 2 NU4-6000's to get more power to my 8ohm monitors. I've been given conflicting information. Is the output now 4ohms, meaning I can not connect two 8ohm wedges, bringing it down to 2 ohms and damaging the amp?

7. #7 by Christian Speier on 1 Week Ago
    - Darin Warren wrote View Post
    Need to know before I do any damage. I'm bridging channels on my 2 NU4-6000's to get more power to my 8ohm monitors. I've been given conflicting information. Is the output now 4ohms, meaning I can not connect two 8ohm wedges, bringing it down to 2 ohms and damaging the amp?
    This may be a bit late, but I'm bridging 2 channels on a NU4-6000 to drive a subwoofer at 4 ohm (2x8ohm in parallel). Works without a problem and gets pretty loud. I never did any power measurements though.
    True, the 'manual' is a joke, and there is no example for bridge-mode in it. But you can find the power ratings for bridged-mode in the specs on p.24 and the amp has a switch and a wiring-scheme for bridge-mode on its backpanel,
    This has been good enough for me to just give it a try.