using x32 surface to control x32 rack and expand to more than 32 channels

1. #1 by John Peeples on 2 Weeks Ago

using x32 surface to control x32 rack and expand to more than 32 channels

I want to make sure I understand the system I own a little better.
    I own an X32 compact and am considering purchasing an X32 Rack.
    If I understand things now, no matter how many stage boxes or X32 boards or whatever I have connected through AES50 on my network...the X32's DSP will only process 32 (in) x 16 (out) channels at a time at 48k. Am I right?
    Or
    If I purchase an X32 Rack (or some other X32 iteration) am I able to have my X32 Compact control that separate X32 surface using ITS DSP through AES50 thereby expanding my channel count?

Clarity on this would be helpful.

thanks
    John Peeples
  2. #2 by Paul Vannatto on 2 Weeks Ago
    - John Peeples wrote View Post
    If I understand things now, no matter how many stage boxes or X32 boards or whatever I have connected through AES50 on my network...the X32's DSP will only process 32 (in) x 16 (out) channels at a time at 48k. Am I right?
    Not exactly, John (but close). The X32 engine provides the ability to mix 32 + 6 (using the Aux In Remap feature) +2 (built-in USB player) for a total of 40 channels. Outputs are a bit harder to give total count. If you mean unique outputs, then it would probably be 38 (16 for Out 1-16, 16 for Ultranet, 6 for Aux Out). For non-unique outputs, it is limited to the physical output count available.

If I purchase an X32 Rack (or some other X32 iteration) am I able to have my X32 Compact control that separate X32 surface using ITS DSP through AES50 thereby expanding my channel count?
    No, but you could use a computer, laptop, tablet or Raspberry Pi using one of the apps to remote control the X32 Rack (via wifi or ethernet) and have the Rack function as a submixer to the Compact.

__________________________________________________ _______________________
    For additional help please refer to the X32 wiki pages for updated and current documentation about the X32.

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE via email at CARECREA@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Paul Vannatto
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator