MIDI Sync VL3 SUCKS!!

1. #1 by Jan Franzen on 04-24-2018

MIDI Sync VL3 SUCKS!!

Hello people!!

Why is the MIDI sync of VL3 with Ableton not spot on? I sync with MIDI cable and now I tried USB sync. Both have the same problem that the loop is not seamless and jumps at the end. This really sucks and I can now not use the looper in a live set!
  2. #2 by Robert Lofgren on 04-24-2018
    What is your daw latency set to?

__________________________________________________ _______________________

Check the knowledgebase at https://kb.musictri.be/mghome

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE support via email at CARECREA@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Robert Lofgren
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator
  3. #3 by Jan Franzen on 04-26-2018
    - Robert Lofgren wrote View Post
    What is your daw latency set to?
    in 2.24 ms
    out 2.18 ms
    overall 4.42 ms
  4. #4 by Carl Williams on 04-26-2018
    Hi Jan,

I had the problem of loop endings 'jumping' even though Vl3x is midi synced to a master clock.

Turned out to be the quantising feature (and my timing of stopping the loop). And the fact the metronome must be active, can still frustrate me sometimes even now, but it might be a contributor to the issue you mention?

Good luck with your investigations, this is the place to get the answers.

Best regards

Carl
  5. #5 by Spencer Larsen on 05-02-2018
    Hey Jan,
    Just want to point out that you probably want to have your looper in VL3 set to "Quantize" mode if you don't already.

"QUANTIZE
    Just like SMART, QUANTIZE uses VoiceLive 3’s LoopAssist™ feature. It will make your loops fall onto the nearest beat of the current tempo. But other than SMART, QUANTIZE does not extend or trim Loops."

Spencer Larsen
    Engineer, Testing
    TC Helicon,
    MUSIC Tribe
    Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.