Ubiquiti Rocket Router questions

1. #1 by Jeffrey Bridges on 04-02-2018

Ubiquiti Rocket Router questions

I am very hopeful that someone will be familiar and experienced at operating a Ubiquiti Rocket5 with a Pro series desk. I have been trying to get it configured properly but none of the Ubiquiti videos (YouTube) address anything even remotely similar to how it will be used for Ipad operation on an audio desk (without connecting to internet)
    I have been able to get it configured so that I can locate and log on to the Rocket with the IPad. But the Pro1 does not respond when trying to start the connection.
    I have been using a cheap Linksys dual band router for the past 5 years and it still works now. But my gigs are getting bigger and I need the Ubiquiti Rocket to get me better range with fewer drops and freeze ups.
    It would seem that I should be able to simply set up a "Bridge" between the IPad and the desk.
    Yet it doesn't seem to be working. What am i missing?
  2. #2 by Jeffrey Bridges on 3 Weeks Ago
    Sorry for delay updating. Been busy.
    The key to the Ubiquiti Rocket is the configuration. It is very detailed and not forgiving if you get a step wrong. However, once the pairing is done right, the performance is outstanding.
    No drops, no freeze ups, and I still don't know how far I can get. But it is quite a distance.
    I highly recommend Ubiquiti for 5g connectivity