X32-Edit DCA icon

1. #1 by Jason Foster on 03-13-2018

X32-Edit DCA icon

I can change the icon for a DCA on the board but I can't seem to change it on the X-32 Edit application. I think it has to do with the fact that you can't select a DCA channel in the application like you can on the physical board. Has anyone found a work around? I want to get rid of the icon for the musical I am running. It's easier to see the character name with larger font.
  2. #2 by Paul Vannatto on 03-13-2018
    Hi Jason,

I agree that it is a bit weird that you can't do much with a DCA scribble strip, other than change the name and color with the new X32-Edit. Do I assume you are working offline (not connected to the X32)? If so, you could save the scene to a file and using a text editor, change the second lines of each of the /dca/ commands (lines 1865-1880). The setting you want to change is the number after the title (just before the color) to a 1 (off). For example
    /dca/1 ON 0.0
    /dca/1/config "Vocals" 1 YE
    then import the scene file back into X32-Edit

__________________________________________________ _______________________
    For additional help please refer to the X32 wiki pages for updated and current documentation about the X32.

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE via email at CARECREA@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Paul Vannatto
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator
  3. #3 by Jason Foster on 03-13-2018
    Thanks Paul. I connected to my board so I can change the icon on the board and save the snippet on my laptop. Slow going but it will make mixing easier.
  4. #4 by Paul Vannatto on 03-13-2018
    Hey Jason, if you are connected, you could also connect with MX Terminal (https://sourceforge.net/projects/mx-terminal/) and change all DCA icons at once. Type the following commands

Set mixer to X32
    Connect
    Set DCA 1-8 icon to off
    Disconnect

For additional help please refer to the X32 wiki pages for updated and current documentation about the X32.

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE via email at CARECREA@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Paul Vannatto
  5. #5 by Jason Foster on 03-13-2018
    I seem to be able to change everything through MXTerminal except for the DCA icon. I can set a channel icon and a bus icon but not a DCA icon.
  6. #6 by Paul Vannatto on 03-13-2018
    Maybe you found a bug, Jason. When I get home, I'll have a look at the source code.
    In the meantime you can do the same with the OSC command
    /dca/#/config/icon ,i 1 1-8

The other command that I gave you is the English equivalent to this command (the value range is substituted into the #).

Paul Vannatto
  7. #7 by Gary Higgins on 03-13-2018
    I always pretty much hated the icons themselves and couldn't wait to see them go...hard to see them for me and visually confusing. I have not used an icon in a very long time. I can however change the color and text on a DCA or any ch scribble strip...on the long shot that this what you want, in edit just right click the scribble strip, choose color, text etc and enter. It looks like the text part that went with the the old icons can be selected from the dropdown list but the icon itself doesn't get applied. I personally don't miss them so I never looked until right now.
  8. #8 by Jason Foster on 03-13-2018
    When I type in the text and press return the DCA icon remains unchanged. I now realize I needed to turn the icons off before I saved any snippets. That way they would remain off for each subsequent snippet.
  9. #9 by Paul Vannatto on 03-13-2018
    Hey Jason, you found a bug (/dca/ OSC command uses a single digit number, rather than a 2 digit number like channels, buses, etc.). I have it running here now and will add the fix to the next release.

Paul Vannatto