"Behringer String Ensemble" and "Behringer Bass Pedal" synth ideas!

1. #1 by Eduardo Rojas on 03-12-2018

"Behringer String Ensemble" and "Behringer Bass Pedal" synth ideas!

Hi all!

I'm brand new on this forum, but I've been playing music for more than 20 years.

I'd like to THANK YOU to all Behringer guys for making a great synth available a great price at last!.

For AGES I've dreamed about an affordable synth reminiscent of the heavy weight icons.

Now that they're about to release the VC340, I'd LOVE THEM to create "Behringer String Synth Ensemble" (or whatever name you'd like to).

We all know that most (if not, nearly ALL) keyboards with synth section have cheesy, unusable, dated 80s DX7-based "synth" section ... forgetting something that made the synths so unique and desirable in the golden age of the 70s:
    STRINGS!

Since Arp Solina String Ensemble, Eminent, Logan String Melody II, etc to Roland RS202 and 505, etc there were so much iconic synths that have never been replaced to these days.

We do know there're softwares out there like Arturia Solina V, GF Virtual String Machine, etc but a PHYSICAL KEYBOARD with all those legendary sounds is waiting for someone to make it happen. The Waldorf Streichfett String Machine is more like a big "pedal" that has some great features (like the octaves, so you can have full sound with just one hand), but it's not a keyboard and it quite fails to reproduce the sound of the most iconic vintage String Synths of the 70s like ARP, Eminent or Logan.

I'd love to see a proper keyboard bringing back all those lush, warm, overwhelming sounds, with plenty of options like layer, dual, split and programme. And of course, with a nice effects section and controls. And something that would be truly new for an instrument like this: aftertouch/ sensitivity.

And another essential part of the synth world and sound for many classic bands and artists (think Genesis, Zeppelin, Jean Michel Jarre, Rush, Yes, etc) is something that hasn't been properly released in a plug-and-play form for ages: Bass Pedal Synth!

Since the Dewtron Mr Bassman, then Moog Taurus to Roland, they've been a crucial part since the 70s, just like the synth strings.

But, as what happen today with synth strings, there's NO bass pedal synth available. ZERO. None.

So it would be so cool if Behringer guys put out there a great one, but with and WITHOUT MIDI stuff. Just plug and play, like the timeless old synth stuff. With a bank of sounds, some nice effects and options (octave, tune, filter, sustain, programme, volume).

Really hope these ideas will be taken into account. While many are doing yet more of the same, these would be so refreshing and unique.

Cheers

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today" James Dean
  2. #2 by Eduardo Rojas on 03-25-2018
    Hi all!

In the good old days, all those golden synth string keyboards had case, and in several cases, pedal(s) as well

Here's the beautiful loolking (and sounding!) Roland RS 505 vintage synth. Case, manual, stand, cables, volume pedal AND footswitch included! A dream come true

Just with the pedals and case included I'd be happy

Cheers

3. #3 by Eduardo Rojas on 03-25-2018
    In the end, if you're thinking in something to bring back the 70s to XXI century, there was a wonderful and truly interesting synth back in the day: Siel Cruise.

It combined basically two synths in one: One mono (lead) and one poly (strings). The coolest thing about it was that you can split and also combine both, with master volume for each to create your own perfect balanced sound, left to right priority and PLENTY of other options.

Ideal for those who'd love to have an inspiring synth, and don't know anything about MIDI, installing APP, downloading things and actually spending more time with the laptop or iPad rather than the real instrument

All that with in the house TC essential effects for a string synth (phaser, chorus, vibrato and delay) and you'll have a homerun. Check the Siel Cruise and Roland RS202 moded youtube videos

Finally, something that I've never seen in other synth: The Crumar Orchestrator had not only a volume and sustain pedals, but also a expression pedal to control the filter cutoff.

Thanks so much, and have fun!

4. #4 by Robert Lofgren on 03-25-2018
    That roland looks really nice!

__________________________________________________ _______________________

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE support via email at CARECREA@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Robert Lofgren
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator