VLTouch 2 and OnSong - MIDI command syntax (generally)

1. #1 by Gerhard Hrubos on 03-12-2018

VLTouch 2 and OnSong - MIDI command syntax (generally)

Hi,

though I do use VoiceLive Touch 2 for some years I'd never dared to go for MIDI . . .
    I use an iPad with the OnSong app for both reading lyrics and playing backing tracks, whilst VLT2 - guess what - is responsible for singing.
    Recently I luckily could manage to send proper MIDI commands from OnSonG to VLT2 to make the VLT2 to change preset. The needed MIDI syntax I had found at the OnSong site, the commands itself VLT2 docs.

At the moment I'm about to set preset parameters (Harmony, Key etc.). First attempts via CC commands didn't work.
    Therefore I ask (generally) :
    Is there a certain command sequence to observe ? Or a special syntax ?

TIA
    Gerhard
  2. #2 by Gerhard Hrubos on 03-12-2018
    I'm still struggling with Harmony parameter values.
    - Harmony On/Off CC=110 Range 0-63=off, Range 64-127 = on
    ON / OFF normally 1 / 0, therefore why such a range ?
    Waste to mention that there's no reaction at all on the VLT2.
    Command syntax for eample CC110:64@0 for Harmony ON at MIDI Channel 1.
  3. #3 by Sandrine Sims on 03-26-2018
    -" Harmony On/Off CC=110 Range 0-63=off, Range 64-127 = on
    ON / OFF normally 1 / 0, therefore why such a range ?"
    because MIDI CC's are set to output 0-127 only and it's easiest to turn a knob left for off and right for on.

I would suspect that the VLT2 is on the wrong MIDI channel to the host, or onSong is incorrectly configured.
    In OnSong make sure that Display/Control Events is turned on and if you are going to use 0-127 that the "One Based Index" switch is turned off. This may have an affect on the channel which you have entered as @0, but will certainly affect the CC# as if one based index is on, then you would be sending actual MIDI value 111

Also make sure that there is output by connecting to a computer (hardwire) or other MIDI device

Hope this helps!
  4. #4 by Daniel Gregory on 04-08-2018

OnSong CC Codes for VLP3 To Control Buttons - Harmony, Double etc`.

Can anyone help me insert control codes in my OnSong charts to control my VLP3 Buttons ?
    What are The CC for Each Button and the Syntax to effect the change, thank you:

######
    My Setup Success & current Problem:

I use < OnSong iPad App and Set midi 'Bank Locations & Program Codes for Preset 1 & Preset 2. iPad Bluetooth connects to Yamada Midi Bluetooth using Midimittr which 1st connects to my TC-Helecom Extreem 3 on Channel 2 then loops to my BeatBuddy Channel 1(drum pedal ).... basic ex stuff.

PROBLEM: Song Charts scroll for live performance, yet anytime I pull the chart down to the Top/Beginning something of the chart is causing both the <Double & Harmony button on the Extreem activate >

Can you offer some insight, perhaps on how to call a < Control Code > to reset and turn off the Double & Harmony button as I don't know what's causing Causing the anomaly which as earlier said starts when the autoscrolling Song chart in OnSong is Manually "dragged/pulled" to the beginning of the Song.

Thanks Guys & Gals
    Appreciate any help
    Daniel