Router problems!!

1. #1 by Diego Tejeida on 02-13-2018

Router problems!!

SO i own a midas m32c

and currently I have the M32c connected via ethernet to a wireless router (that's dedicated only for the midas) . I have my macbook pro connected via usb-ethernet interface to the router.

Now.. Since this router (which I'm gonna call Router A) has no internet, I still normally have my Macbook pro connected to my wifi router (router B) wirelessly.

Now, i've made both routers have different subnet masks (router A is 255.255.254.0) and router B is (255.255.255.0). When my MBP has WIFI off and is not connected to Router B. The M32 editor has no problems connecting with my M32c. However.. as soon as its connected and I turn on the wifi (to connect to Router B for internet access) the editor on the m32 loses connection and it just won't connect to it.

I've set up manually the IP addresses of both my Macbook pro (different IP addreses for both routers/networks) and also I've manually entered an ip address to the M32c. It still won't solve the problem. any ideas?
  2. #2 by Robert Lofgren on 02-14-2018
    Essential information is missing from your text.

How is ipaddress assignments made? What ipaddress ranges are being used by each router? What is your default gateway set to?

__________________________________________________ _______________________

Check the knowledgebase at https://kb.musictri.be/mghome

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE support via email at CARECREA@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Robert Lofgren
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator
  3. #3 by Diego Tejeida on 02-14-2018
    - Robert Lofgren wrote View Post
    Essential information is missing from your text.

How is ipaddress assignments made? What ipaddress ranges are being used by each router? What is your default gateway set to?

The Router IP address are set maualy.

Router A (the one for Controlling the Midas) : 192.168.0.1

Router B (the one over WIFI for Internet access) : 192.168.1.254

on my Mac book pro:
    for router one I have entered manually an IP address: 192.168.1.64
    For Router 2: 192.168.1.65

No gateway assigned on my MBP (not sure it's possible)

on the M32C have a manual IP address too: 192.168.1.66
    the gateway is the same ip as the Router A: 192.168.0.1