Bugera 12AX7 Tube Suffix Meaning? Anyone?

1. #1 by John Butts on 1 Week Ago

Bugera 12AX7 Tube Suffix Meaning? Anyone?

Hi. So can anyone explain Bugera's 12AX7 suffix system?
    From what I can gather the 12AX7A is the least noisiest, and is ideal for clean channels (V1 tube slot). At least that's where they always are found. From there the noise level may go up a bit but overall output/gain is a bit higher and this continues all the way to 12AX7D. BUT, that's only what I think to be true. Can anyone confirm or clarify this?
  2. #2 by Robert Lofgren on 1 Week Ago
    What brand of tubes are you talking about? Are they actually branded bugera?

There is a plethora of tubes on the market with different characteristics. Ive found that keeping a selection of different tubes in the drawer, trying different combinations, is what works best for me in the end.

__________________________________________________ _______________________
    For additional help please refer to the X32 wiki pages for updated and current documentation about the X32.

You can also search the knowledge base for more information.

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-963-1300 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE support via email at CARECREA@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Robert Lofgren
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator
  3. #3 by John Butts on 1 Week Ago
    - Robert Lofgren wrote View Post
    What brand of tubes are you talking about? Are they actually branded bugera?

There is a plethora of tubes on the market with different characteristics. Ive found that keeping a selection of different tubes in the drawer, trying different combinations, is what works best for me in the end.
    Hi. Robert. I'm referring to the Bugera branded tubes. So far I've seen 12AX7's from A to D. I have four Bugera Amps and the 12AX7A's are in the V1 (Their best?) 12AX7B/C in gain and P/I positions. Most interesting is finding a 12AX7D in a VT999 Tube Monster pedal.