Please help! Where do I start?

1. #1 by Joe Cronauer on 1 Week Ago

Please help! Where do I start?

I just bought VL3X - I'm a solo performer, brand new to this technology. I don't want to start loading backing tracks and changing presets only to find that I should of approached it a better way. I've searched for a starting point and I become overwhelmed with details I should know - but don't. It's as if I'm joining the class in the middle of it instead of the beginning. Is there a YouTube video that I should see? A thread that I could follow? Again, It's just going to be me, my guitar, some backing tracks and my VL3X. Thanks for any help!
  2. #2 by Thomas776158 on 1 Week Ago
    Greetings Joe,
    Sometimes replies are slow, but want to welcome you to the forums. I too am a solo performer and upgraded from Voicelive Play GTX to the Voicelive 3 Extreme. There is one heck of a learning and experimenting curve, but it's well worth the time. You will want to know the details such as setting volume, moving, copying....these are all covered in the tutorials. I kept a notepad and wrote down the steps along with the tutorials. There are several good tutorials about backing tracks and the automation along with other tutorials on YouTube. Just type in Voicelive 3 Extreme Backing Tracks and you'll see the "Tom & Craig" tutorial. It is what I used and it's well worth taking the time with.
    At first it does seem overwhelming to know you can get so much out of it and not know how, but if you will learn how to just copy a preset and then experiment with the copied version, you can't go wrong and will learn a lot just playing with it. I wish you as much success as I've had and feel free to ask if you run into something you can't find on youtube or in the manuals.
    Not sure if the link to youtube will post here, but will give it a shot. Enjoy your 3 Extreme! Tom
    Here's the link: https://youtu.be/cRagA1EToU4
  3. #3 by Cecilie Kaasgaard on 1 Week Ago
    Hi Joe!
    Yes, there are a whole bunch of youtube manuals you can follow along! If you go to the helicon youtube channel, they have playlists sorted for you. Remember, anything the VL3 can do, the Vl3X can do too, so don't forget to check both playlists as some basics might not be mentined in the VL3 vids.

And with that being said, and it sounds cliche, but...

read the manual!! And then spend a day or two getting to know your new friend

Cecilie Kaasgaard
    No longer work in support but I still know a bit about all this stuff!

Like me? Like my artist facebook-page!