M32R MIDI Interface

1. #1 by Mark Lucas on 02-09-2018

M32R MIDI Interface

I'm setting up the M32R as the hub of my songwriter studio, interfacing with Cubase Pro 9.5. Seeing the MIDI jacks on the back, I assumed I could use the M32R as a MIDI interface with keyboards and other triggers, as well as return that MIDI data to some of my vintage racked keys. I searched the manual, the forums here and elsewhere, and only found one post at Sweetwater's knowledge base indicating the M32R will not function in this way. Can someone confirm this? If it is true, are there any plans to update the firmware with this feature?
  2. #2 by Robert Lofgren on 02-10-2018
    No, the midi is for controlling the x/m32 only. There are no plans on expanding on this.

__________________________________________________ _______________________

Check the knowledgebase at https://kb.musictri.be/mghome

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE support via email at CARECREA@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Robert Lofgren
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator
  3. #3 by Mark Lucas on 02-10-2018
    - Robert Lofgren wrote View Post
    No, the midi is for controlling the x/m32 only. There are no plans on expanding on this.
    Hi Robert,

Thanks for the confirmation and links. The knowlege base link didn't work, however. Would you mind verifying? Is it a KB for the M32R or the Behringer version?

Thanks,
    Mark
  4. #4 by Robert Lofgren on 02-11-2018
    There is no difference between the x32 and m32 so you can treat them as same.

Ill check my links. Tnx!

__________________________________________________ _______________________

Check the knowledgebase at https://kb.musictri.be/mghome

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE support via email at CARECREA@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Robert Lofgren
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator