Isolation using in-ears

1. #1 by Tony Venables on 1 Week Ago

Isolation using in-ears

Hi all hope you can help with my first post.

We are a small Church and have been trialling a P16 personal monitor with our M32 which helps reduce stage noise in our small environment. Performers are however, complaining about feeling isolated from the room, loosing contact with the congregation.
    I thought I would insert some ambient input from the hall by hanging a microphone from the ceiling for them to call in on one of their P16 channels. Any idea what sort of microphone would do the job best please?
  2. #2 by Robert Lofgren on 1 Week Ago
    I have had good success using omni directional mics.

__________________________________________________ _______________________
    For additional help please refer to the X32 wiki pages for updated and current documentation about the X32.

You can also search the knowledge base for more information.

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-963-1300 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE support via email at CARECREA@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Robert Lofgren
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator
  3. #3 by Kevin Maxwell on 1 Week Ago
    Also put them near the stage so the sound from stage won’t be delayed too much. You may have to play around with a position where they work. I have also had musicians use ear buds that don’t shut them off from the sound around them. The type of IEMs that isolate are best used for a loud stage where it is used to help preserve a musicians hearing. If it isn’t a loud stage you shouldn’t need the isolation.
  4. #4 by Tony Venables on 1 Week Ago
    Great thanks for that. I'll try a Behringer C1 set on Omni and see how they like it.
    Thanks again. T
  5. #5 by Stefan vom Bruch on 1 Week Ago
    Hi Tony,

I guess that all the in-ear phones are already purchased and in use..?
    Otherwise I had some good results with another approach, that is earplugs that have additional specific ambient holes in them.
  6. #6 by Tony Venables on 1 Week Ago
    Thanks Stefan

Good idea. Not all purchased yet we just have one trial set with a couple of £30 earphones sets for people to try, others have used their own.

I'll look at that, Thanks