UMC204HD won't record second track

1. #1 by Allan Wilson on 02-04-2018

UMC204HD won't record second track

I am trying to do some multitrack recording on my laptop (Windows 10, Intel i5-5200, 64bit) with a UMC204HD into Audacity 2.2.1. In Audacity I have set Audio host to MME, Rec. and Playback to UMC204HD. I have rt-clicked windows speaker symbol and set Playback and Record to UMC204HD. I can record the first track but when I try the 2nd the recording frame appears but the cursor does not leave home port. I have uninstalled all audio drivers and reinstalled the Behringer drivers for this unit. I would be most grateful for any suggestions to solve this problem. Thanks, Allan
  2. #2 by Ken Mitchell on 02-05-2018
    - Allan Wilson wrote View Post
    I am trying to do some multitrack recording on my laptop (Windows 10, Intel i5-5200, 64bit) with a UMC204HD into Audacity 2.2.1. In Audacity I have set Audio host to MME, Rec. and Playback to UMC204HD. I have rt-clicked windows speaker symbol and set Playback and Record to UMC204HD. I can record the first track but when I try the 2nd the recording frame appears but the cursor does not leave home port. I have uninstalled all audio drivers and reinstalled the Behringer drivers for this unit. I would be most grateful for any suggestions to solve this problem. Thanks, Allan
    Hi Alan,

Welcome to the forums. There's another thread that is describing something similar: https://forum.musictri.be/showthread...-with-UMC202HD

I had this issue a couple of times with my 404HD and other DAWs and it turned out to be matching sampling rate. Not sure if it's the same or not but if all things look good with sampling rate I'd recommend sending an email to CARE (care@musictri.be) or calling them for assistance.

Ken

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver