M32 X-Dante signal routing question

1. #1 by Matt Daniels on 01-31-2018

M32 X-Dante signal routing question

Hello!
    This is my first post and I'm hoping the experts out there can help me. We're getting ready to purchase an M32 console and our plan is to put in the X-DANTE card. I'd like to know if it's possible, and how, to configure the 32 different DANTE outputs with various signals from the board. For example, we'd like DANTE output #1 to be the signal from Channel 11, pre-fader. Another would be DANTE output #7 to be the signal from MixBus 3, post fader, and so on. I hope the question makes sense.

Thanks for the help!
    -Matt
  2. #2 by Robert Lofgren on 01-31-2018
    When it comes to dante the detailed network routing is handled by the Audinate dante controller software.

When it comes to the tap-points of the mixer you need to perform a workaround since the card output (usb, fw, x-live, adat, dante and madi) mostly deals with the direct input signal from the inputs.

As a limitation you are still bound by the blocks-of-eight so you might need to plan your channel setup appropriately. To workaround the direct input limitation you need to route the affected audio to the p16 bus. This will give you access to 16 channels of configurable audio, including buses and tap points. If you need to utilize more than 16 channels for this approach you can also use the OUT-bus. After doing so it is just a matter of assigning the p16 bus (and OUT bus if needed) to the card routing.

- Matt Daniels wrote View Post
    Hello!
    This is my first post and I'm hoping the experts out there can help me. We're getting ready to purchase an M32 console and our plan is to put in the X-DANTE card. I'd like to know if it's possible, and how, to configure the 32 different DANTE outputs with various signals from the board. For example, we'd like DANTE output #1 to be the signal from Channel 11, pre-fader. Another would be DANTE output #7 to be the signal from MixBus 3, post fader, and so on. I hope the question makes sense.

Thanks for the help!
    -Matt

__________________________________________________ _______________________

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-963-1300 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE support via email at CARECREA@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Robert Lofgren
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator
  3. #3 by Craig Fowler on 01-31-2018
    Routing>Out1-16
    Stage the first 16x signals you'd like, at whatever tap points.
    Routing>Ultranet
    Stage the second 16x signals you;d like, at whatever tap points.

Routing>Card Out
    Output1-8: out1-8
    Output9-16: out9-16
    Output17-24: P16 1-8
    Output25-32: P16 9-16

Routing>aux out
    Stage whatever signals you'd like to appear on the console's local aux out sockets

Routing>xlr out
    Dump the aux out blocks here to get the signals from aux out block staged above to the console's XLR outputs.

NB with an x-dante card you'll have to set the Dante card as the console's clock master: Setup>Global Synchronization:ExpCard.

I'd recommend downloading the Edit app and playing around with it to see what's possible with the routing.
  4. #4 by Matt Daniels on 01-31-2018
    Thanks guys! Really helpful stuff. I'll do some experimenting with the Edit app (which I've already downloaded) and see how it goes.

- Craig Fowler wrote View Post
    Routing>Out1-16
    Stage the first 16x signals you'd like, at whatever tap points.
    Routing>Ultranet
    Stage the second 16x signals you;d like, at whatever tap points.

Routing>Card Out
    Output1-8: out1-8
    Output9-16: out9-16
    Output17-24: P16 1-8
    Output25-32: P16 9-16

Routing>aux out
    Stage whatever signals you'd like to appear on the console's local aux out sockets

Routing>xlr out
    Dump the aux out blocks here to get the signals from aux out block staged above to the console's XLR outputs.

NB with an x-dante card you'll have to set the Dante card as the console's clock master: Setup>Global Synchronization:ExpCard.

I'd recommend downloading the Edit app and playing around with it to see what's possible with the routing.