B1031A dead

1. #1 by Marcus Bointon on 01-31-2018

B1031A dead

I've just bought a used B1031A monitor - I plug it in, turn it on and... nothing. Completely dead. I checked the fuse and that's OK. Any advice on what else is likely to have blown/died and might be fixable (I'm not scared of soldering!), and/or whether it's worth replacing the amp/power supply?
  2. #2 by Ken Mitchell on 02-04-2018
    - Marcus Bointon wrote View Post
    I've just bought a used B1031A monitor - I plug it in, turn it on and... nothing. Completely dead. I checked the fuse and that's OK. Any advice on what else is likely to have blown/died and might be fixable (I'm not scared of soldering!), and/or whether it's worth replacing the amp/power supply?
    Hi Marcus,

Welcome to the forums. Sorry to hear about your trouble. My first thought would be to return it to where you bought it and request your money back.

Next, I'd probably contact CARE (care@musictri.be) to see if they can help. You might even be able to get an out-of-warranty repair done through them. Not sure, but they may be able to sell you the amp/power supply as well.

Good Luck,
    Ken

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver