VL3X How do you save only the guitar effects

1. #1 by Travis Hampton on 3 Weeks Ago

VL3X How do you save only the guitar effects

I'm new to VL3X (as of yesterday). I have the perfect effect on a voice preset for a song I am working on and the perfect guitar on a different present. How can I bring the guitar over to the voice preset without erasing/replacing the entire voice preset? Help me Obe won kinobe, you're my only hope.
  2. #2 by Musicmadmanharp on 3 Weeks Ago
    - Travis Hampton wrote View Post
    I'm new to VL3X (as of yesterday). I have the perfect effect on a voice preset for a song I am working on and the perfect guitar on a different present. How can I bring the guitar over to the voice preset without erasing/replacing the entire voice preset? Help me Obe won kinobe, you're my only hope.
    Hit the step button after you choose a preset . It will then allow you to scroll to another preset , select it and save it to memory . Next time you look at the prest you sent the other preset to will show a [ Step ] written into the screen indicating you have a step in this preset to trigger by stepping on the step button to toggle between the two , or three , or four , depending on how many steps you put into the preset .

i just found this great video on this topic . Made it all too clear - hope it helps you too .

EZ :

HR
  3. #3 by Travis Hampton on 3 Weeks Ago
    Thanks, I have the step thing down but i want to take a guitar tone and a different voice tone and mix them together into one tone. I want one tone with no steps. I'm sure there must be a way to do it. Right now, if i store the guitar tone that I like into the vocal tone that I like, it will replace the both the guitar AND the vocal tone, leaving me with a vocal tone that I don't want. I want to leave the vocal tone and just replace the guitar tone only.
  4. #4 by Cecilie Kaasgaard on 3 Weeks Ago
    Hi there,
    There are two ways to do this: The first option would be to set the guitar sound you like as a global preset. Store it as a global preset like this: Press the Setup button. Use < or > to navigate to the System tab. Use the Control Knob to highlight “Global Preset”. Use the Mix Knob below “Global Preset” to change its value to represent the Preset number you would like as your Global Preset. Then go to the preset with the vocal sound you like (and maybe copy that to a blank preset, to keep the original guitar sound as well and not overwrite anything) and do the following: Select the guitar effect that should use the settings
    from the Global Preset as a starting point. Set Global for this effect to on. This will copy the settings for this effect from the Global Preset to the current Preset. Set Global for this effect to off again. This “breaks the link” between Global and current Preset, allowing you to modify the settings locally. You can now store the new preset which will have the vocal sound from one preset and guitar sound from another.

The other way to do it is to copy the settings manually. Again, store the preset with the vocal sound you like, to a new slot with a new name - use a blank slot to avoid overwriting anything (let me know if you have any doubts about how to do this!), and then find the other preset (the guitar one) and note down the settings of each effect that is in use. The simplest way I think would be to take pictures with your phone of each effects tab. Then go back to the new preset you created and copy those settings over to the guitar effects, and store.

and remember to back up your user presets in voicesupport!!

Cecilie Kaasgaard
    No longer work in support but I still know a bit about all this stuff!

Like me? Like my artist facebook-page!
  5. #5 by Travis Hampton on 3 Weeks Ago
    That worked!!!!! thank you. Did the global thing. I used a Pod X3 Live for years and they had a simple knob that locked the 'b'. 'a' being guitar effects and 'b' being vocal. You could then switch to any guitar effect you liked with the vocal 'locked' and save it. Much easier. Maybe TC Helicon could add that in a future update, but this worked and I appreciate it.
  6. #6 by Cecilie Kaasgaard on 3 Weeks Ago
    Glad to hear it worked! a preset "masher" would be cool for sure! Play Acoustic has a similar option, though it locks the guitar effects for all presets. Maybe in order to avoid overwriting there could be an option in "Store" to select Guitar or Voice only to store to a blank preset, and then you can go to the preset you'd like to mash it with, and select to store the other half only to the new preset?

Cecilie Kaasgaard
    No longer work in support but I still know a bit about all this stuff!

Like me? Like my artist facebook-page!
  7. #7 by Robert Lofgren on 3 Weeks Ago
    I like this idea as well. This way you can lock down either the vocals or the guitar "layer" on the voicelive.

- Travis Hampton wrote View Post
    That worked!!!!! thank you. Did the global thing. I used a Pod X3 Live for years and they had a simple knob that locked the 'b'. 'a' being guitar effects and 'b' being vocal. You could then switch to any guitar effect you liked with the vocal 'locked' and save it. Much easier. Maybe TC Helicon could add that in a future update, but this worked and I appreciate it.

__________________________________________________ _______________________
    For additional help please refer to the X32 wiki pages for updated and current documentation about the X32.

You can also search the knowledge base for more information.

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-963-1300 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE support via email at CARECREA@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Robert Lofgren
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator
  8. #8 by VoiceLiveEditor on 2 Weeks Ago

This can be accomplished with the Free Version of the VoiceLive 3 Editor.
    Vid showing the procedure.
    https://youtu.be/0JetSQgud8Q

9. #9 by Travis Hampton on 2 Weeks Ago
    that is exactly what i was looking for. An editor for voice live 3x kinda like gear box for the Pod x. I downloaded the free version and it works really well. I plan on getting the full version when I get better accustomed with the VL3X. Thank you for letting me know this product was out there.