Power Requirements for Voice Live 2?

1. #1 by David Riley on 01-19-2018

Hi I have a Voice Live 2 that I use live and want to incorporate into my pedal board. The outside of the VL2 says it uses 12V 1.0A for power. I'm currently running a mic mechanic with 12V and .4A (400 mA). Would this work for a Voice LIve 2?

Conversely the 1 Spot CS7 has to 500 mA outputs at 9V, if I paired them would that work or must I use 12V?

thanks,
    David
  2. #2 by Dennis Swindle on 01-19-2018

Power requirement for voicelive 2

- David Riley wrote View Post
    Hi I have a Voice Live 2 that I use live and want to incorporate into my pedal board. The outside of the VL2 says it uses 12V 1.0A for power. I'm currently running a mic mechanic with 12V and .4A (400 mA). Would this work for a Voice LIve 2?

Conversely the 1 Spot CS7 has to 500 mA outputs at 9V, if I paired them would that work or must I use 12V?

thanks,
    David
    Hi David. You will need a power supply with at least one amp - 12 volt obviously - to safely run your voicelive 2. 90% of the time the unit will not even power up with insufficient amps. But in some cases under amperage can actually can damage the unit. You can also go with a 12-volt power supply with more than one amp, as it will only Supply what the device needs. In this case 1 amp. It goes without saying that the polarity must be correct, as well. Good luck.
  3. #3 by Cecilie Kaasgaard on 4 Weeks Ago
    Hi David, in my experience VL2 will not be able to power up with 0.4 A. The screen will just flash as it tries. Can't recommend 9V at all either. Best to just go with the 12V/1A as recommended tbh!

Cecilie Kaasgaard
    No longer work in support but I still know a bit about all this stuff!

Like me? Like my artist facebook-page!
  4. #4 by Mark A Ellis on 2 Weeks Ago