Possible to Delay Ultranet Outputs?

1. #1 by Kyle Spradling on 01-16-2018

Possible to Delay Ultranet Outputs?

First let me explain my signal path :

M32 AES50A>DL16 AES50A Then DL16 Ultranet > TSP152-AN via cat 5.

Is there a way to be able to control the delay time of the speakers this way? Even if I have to sacrifice some Local Outputs.

I know I can do this from the back of the speaker or using turbo sound edit. Its a little easier to make sure things are time aligned from the board.

Last edited by Kyle Spradling; 01-16-2018 at 08:17 PM.
  2. #2 by Gary Higgins on 01-18-2018
    I'm not 100% sure but I think the answer is no. Not by the ultranet/IQ routing menu anyway. It doesn't seem to be anywhere in the menu. However the channel page (X/M32 edit) allows adding delay and setting the amount per each ch...if you then setup a direct out of that ch to a P16 ch, the delay may follow?...I don't honestly know. Even if that works, this wouldn't help much with buses. That same delay option is missing on the ch page for bus ch's. The output delay section of the routing menu itself I think is for the physical xlr outs. Wish I were of more help. I have never done very much with speaker delay really. Maybe best to stick with the speaker itself or the Turbosound app, might be the only game in town?.....hope someone chimes in here who knows for sure.
  3. #3 by Robert Lofgren on 01-18-2018
    No, only the out1..16 have delays on them.

What you can do if you have two spare input channels (assuming stereo) is to patch the LR output to those inputs using a cable. Since each input channel have a built in channel delay you can then route those channels to ultranet.

__________________________________________________ _______________________

Check the knowledgebase at https://kb.musictri.be/mghome

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE support via email at CARECREA@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Robert Lofgren
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator
  4. #4 by Gary Higgins on 01-19-2018
    - Robert Lofgren wrote View Post
    No, only the out1..16 have delays on them.

What you can do if you have two spare input channels (assuming stereo) is to patch the LR output to those inputs using a cable. Since each input channel have a built in channel delay you can then route those channels to ultranet.
    So looking at each INPUT CH (using X32-Edit) on its config page, there is an option to turn on or off delay and add the amount of time/footage you want it to be delayed-every ch. When turned "on" the little 'insert position' diagram to the upper right then has its time icon lit up-that before low cut, eq etc. Would seem to suggest the delay may follow a p16/IQ ch sent anywhere post low cut...or no? Second question, IF one were to change the source of that ch to a mix bus, would that also work the same way? I dont have anything hooked up my speakers to try it out, so I'm only asking here....
  5. #5 by Gary Higgins on 01-30-2018
    - Gary Higgins wrote View Post
    So looking at each INPUT CH (using X32-Edit) on its config page, there is an option to turn on or off delay and add the amount of time/footage you want it to be delayed-every ch. When turned "on" the little 'insert position' diagram to the upper right then has its time icon lit up-that before low cut, eq etc. Would seem to suggest the delay may follow a p16/IQ ch sent anywhere post low cut...or no? Second question, IF one were to change the source of that ch to a mix bus, would that also work the same way? I dont have anything hooked up my speakers to try it out, so I'm only asking here....
    Ok I was just (this morning) able to get back to this P16 ch delay topic. I have been quite curious about the outcome of the above mentioned scenario. I set up a P16M I had here and routed a few ch's to see what the delay would do to that p16 ch, pass it on with the delay-or not. It does pass the delay per input ch as it would appear it should! It also delays a mixbus if that mixbus becomes the source of an input ch. This is very interesting as it doesn't offer a delay on the actual bus ch itself. It also delays the ch or bus at ANY tap point even inout/LC.

Last edited by Gary Higgins; 01-31-2018 at 02:51 PM.