Voicelive Play: issue with double

1. #1 by renato matrigiani on 01-16-2018

Voicelive Play: issue with double

Hi to all,
    I use Tc Helicon from many years.
    Recently I use a voicelive play with alto sax, essentially for doubling the octave (bari sax sound).
    But I noticed that very often, and for some notes played, voicelive produce a "step, stair" effect comes out between his notes, as if the PLAY wanted to correct the pitch, but I do not set any correction parameter. How can I set "from zero" a new sound, without effects and without anything, and then proceed to the right setting? (only reverb and double down, with nothing else)
  2. #2 by Spencer Larsen on 4 Weeks Ago
    Hey Renato,
    I think the problem you're hearing is a phase difference. The "Tight" and "Loose" doubling styles don't do this, but any of the pitch-shifting doubling styles (like the octave down you're using) does indeed correct the pitch to a chromatic note. The global Pitch Correction parameter in the Setup menu applies to just your lead voice, not additional doubling voices. I'm no developer, but I believe this correction in the double effect is integral to its design and cannot be disabled. Unfortunately if your sax isn't playing 440Hz-referenced chromatic notes then I don't believe there's a way to avoid this phase issue

Spencer Larsen
    Engineer, Testing
    TC-Helicon,
    MUSIC Group
    Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.
    (Warranty Statement, TC Dealers, Service Centers)