Notes mode in Voicelive touch (1)

1. #1 by Cerys Hogg on 01-12-2018

Notes mode in Voicelive touch (1)

Hi, I am trying to play in ‘Notes mode’.
    I want to generate harmony just from the chords I am playing on a midi KB.

I have done this -
    In setup - Global Key/Scale is set to off. Global Natural Play is set to off.
    I know about choosing a preset that has 'NOTES' in its description

When I change to harmony / natural play / NOTES
    there is no sound at all on presets 185, 188, 189, 190 and 199-204
    (pressing the KB or not)

If I change to harmony / natural play / OTHER SETTINGS there is sound on those presets but if I then change to the next preset the setting goes back to notes.

I do not see a midi LED flash when I touch the KB.

I have tried 2 different KB’s, changed midi leads, done a factory reset.

I am not using a midi interface – I’m just going into an amp.
    The KB is powered via a USB hub. It is on!

I have managed to do this previously but I can’t remember how. Doh!

Thanks for any help. I've spent days trying to sort this out!
  2. #2 by Cecilie Kaasgaard on 01-12-2018
    Hi Cerys,

You are using a 5-pin MIDI cable right? Check page 18 in the manual and make sure all the settings are correct - most important here might be that you have the VLT set to receive MIDI by the MIDI port and not the USB port. You'll need to switch it back when you want to use VoiceSupport and such!

Cecilie Kaasgaard
    No longer work in support but I still know a bit about all this stuff!

Like me? Like my artist facebook-page!
  3. #3 by Cerys Hogg on 01-15-2018
    - Cecilie Kaasgaard wrote View Post
    Hi Cerys,

You are using a 5-pin MIDI cable right? Check page 18 in the manual and make sure all the settings are correct - most important here might be that you have the VLT set to receive MIDI by the MIDI port and not the USB port. You'll need to switch it back when you want to use VoiceSupport and such!
    Hi Cecilie, Thanks very much for your helpful.
    It is set to receive midi via the port....I had it on merge but i reckon that would ok. Still nothing.
    it's such a pain as this is only thing I want to use the VLT for!
    Any other ideas would very appreciated.
    thanks again,
    Cerys
  4. #4 by Cecilie Kaasgaard on 01-16-2018
    Sure thing. Make sure it's on the same MIDI channel as your keyboard (definitely not set to Off!!). Make sure that if there is a split point, it's either set to as low a SplitNote as possible, and with theSplit direction of "above," or the other way around. Check your global Naturalplay settings - make sure it's set to auto or MIDI. Let me know if that still doesn't help!

Cecilie Kaasgaard

5. #5 by Cerys Hogg on 01-19-2018
    Hi Cecilie, thanks very much for your help. I tried all this and more and have given up. Dunno if I've broken it or its just a awkward interface and a confusing manuel but I've ordered a perform VK hoping it will do the harmonising job without too much stress. (I use ableton for looping and fx so thats all I need from TC). Hopefully I won't be asking you for help with the VX! Thanks again, Cerys
  6. #6 by Cecilie Kaasgaard on 01-19-2018
    Alright Cerys, sorry to hear that nothing worked. It could be a hardware issue with the MIDI input in that case or the cable (which I expect you've tried switching already!)

Hopefully the VK should do the trick then, and you're always welcome on the forum with any questions. There's a bunch of videos on youtube and some FAQs in the helicon knowledge base that should get you off to a good start anyway

Cecilie Kaasgaard