EQ for better bass from Euro Live B215XL'S ?

1. #1 by Andrew Manley on 01-05-2018

EQ for better bass from Euro Live B215XL'S ?

Is it possible to use the dsp equalisation in the inuke 3000 to get a better bass response from the passive eurolive b215xl's ? Or would they simply not be able to reproduce the lower frequencies ?

Looking at the frequency response they should be able to go down to around 55hz but in practise they seem to lack low bass. Long term I want to add a couple of subwoofers, but for lower volume gigs it would be handy if I could just bump up the low frequency a bit.

If so - which frequencies and how much boost should I use to get a flat response from 50 hz upwards ? I take it I should filter out the range 40hz and below ?
  2. #2 by Anthony Floyd on 2 Weeks Ago
    - Andrew Manley wrote View Post
    Is it possible to use the dsp equalisation in the inuke 3000 to get a better bass response from the passive eurolive b215xl's ? Or would they simply not be able to reproduce the lower frequencies ?

Looking at the frequency response they should be able to go down to around 55hz but in practise they seem to lack low bass. Long term I want to add a couple of subwoofers, but for lower volume gigs it would be handy if I could just bump up the low frequency a bit.

If so - which frequencies and how much boost should I use to get a flat response from 50 hz upwards ? I take it I should filter out the range 40hz and below ?
    Andrew, I was were you are long ago. You want a sub. Even one 18" sub will make quite a difference. Just do it. You'll be happy you did. even on the lower volume gigs. Look into bi-amping.
  3. #3 by Robert Lofgren on 1 Week Ago
    Are we talking rock band or single songwriter setup?

The speaker is underpowered unless you run a single speaker to the amp in bridged mode.

Test adding some bass by putting a 6dB ‘haystack’ around 60-70Hz and watch out for any distortion.

__________________________________________________ _______________________
    For additional help please refer to the X32 wiki pages for updated and current documentation about the X32.

You can also search the knowledge base for more information.

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-963-1300 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE support via email at CARECREA@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Robert Lofgren
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator