Perform VK outputs

1. #1 by Mick Taylor on 12-12-2017

Perform VK outputs

Hi, Couple of questions on the VK

Is the effects true stereo ie: is the output different on L and R for vocals? Reason being that if you only want to take up one channel on the desk for vocals and not 2 panned hard left and right can you just use the L output on the VK?

I dont want any of the keys coming out of the VK at all....i need them running direct into the desk and the only way i can see this working is if i run my midi sequence through the aux jack from my headphone output of my main keyboard ( holding down the HP button while inserting the lead ) and with the new software update there will be no latency issues....correct?

I havnt seen any demos running a complete backing track into the VK....just simple piano lines but im assuming that drums etc wont effect the VK harmony tracking ability?

Cheers
  2. #2 by Cecilie Kaasgaard on 12-19-2017
    Hi Mick, the outputs are summed stereo so if you only use one it'll sum the keys and vocals into that output. So, to fix it so you only hear vocals there are a few options:

1) use midi only - connect via MIDI from your keyboard to the VK. No sound is carried through midi so only your vocals will come out of the output. You'll need to use an actual 5-pin midi connection from the keyboard to the VK.

2) the option you describe, use the AUX input and mute it in the output.

3) do this and marvel at my paint skillz

Cecilie Kaasgaard
    No longer work in support but I still know a bit about all this stuff!

Like me? Like my artist facebook-page!
  3. #3 by Ken Stockton on 04-14-2018

Vocal Output from Perform VK

- Cecilie Kaasgaard wrote View Post
    wrote: the outputs are summed stereo so if you only use one it'll sum the keys and vocals into that output.
    Hi Cecilie -

Thanks for your answer. I have a follow-up question.

I intend to use the Midi connection between my keyboard and Perform VK, since I don't want the keyboard output from Perform VK to mixer, but do I need to connect BOTH of the 1/4" connectors to my mixer, or can I just connect ONE of the channels? (By the way, I intend to use a 1/4"-XLR adapter to go from the Perform VK to the mixer).

Thanks
  4. #4 by Cecilie Kaasgaard on 04-16-2018
    Hey Ken, yeah the VK sums the output to stereo from just one output automatically as soon as it registers that only one output is being used. It shouldn't matter which one. Make sure that your 1/4''-XLR adapter cable is stereo (TRS) to avoid noise in the output. So you should be good to go!

Cecilie Kaasgaard
    No longer work in support but I still know a bit about all this stuff!

Like me? Like my artist facebook-page!