Got new Critical Mass. Footswitch broke?

1. #1 by John Vandenberg on 11-30-2017

Got new Critical Mass. Footswitch broke?

Got it, have 2 questions:
    1. Was it supposed to have a paper manual/starters guide in it? Mine didn't

2. The footswitch button only is momentary - meaning I can't click it and leave the effect on. It only works as long as I hold down the button. I saw a video on youtube of a lady clicking it and it stayed on until she clicked it off.

Is it defective?
  2. #2 by Robert Lofgren on 11-30-2017
    Here is a link to the manual.https://www.tc-helicon.com%2Fmedia%2...english.pdfThe switch is supposed to be momentary. I think there is a mode where the fx only is engaged during the foot press.

__________________________________________________ _______________________

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE support via email at CARECREA@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Robert Lofgren
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator
  3. #3 by John Vandenberg on 11-30-2017
    I easily found the manual, my question was whether there should have been one in the box.

I saw a demo of the pedal that clearly showed the person turning on the effect with the footswitch, set the pedal down, and sing for a minute or two. She did NOT have to hold down the footswitch the whole time.

I looked at the manual and saw nothing about this. Unless I missed it. I need this to work like any other FX pedal, click to turn on, click to turn off...not click and hold it the whole time.

Is there a way to change the footswitch functionality? If not, I'll just return it, it's only a day old.
  4. #4 by Spencer Larsen on 11-30-2017
    Hey John,No the pedal does not come with a physical manual, in fact none of our products do. This is because we often make updates, changes, or additions that conflict with early manual editions so we stick to online manuals we can update to maintain accuracy.Speaking of manuals, yes you did miss the section which resolves your issue - it's on page 5..."Momentary ModeThe standard function of the footswitch is a latching style, meaning that each press of the footswitch turns the effect on and off. Alternatively, the pedal can operate in momentary mode, meaning that the effect is only active while the footswitch is held down. As soon as you release the footswitch, the effect is bypassed. To switch the unit to momentary mode, hold the Tone button down while powering the unit on. Repeat the process to return to latching mode."So just hold the Tone button when you power on the pedal and you'll be set

Spencer Larsen
    Engineer, Testing
    TC-Helicon,
    MUSIC Group
    Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.
  5. #5 by John Vandenberg on 11-30-2017
    Got it. It makes sense to not put paper in the box anymore, but I was just checking. And yep, I missed it. Actually, I saw that, but was holding down the footswitch button while turning on, not the Tone button. I think I did something else now, turn on the mic/button function? But I don't have one of those mics, so I'm okay I think.

I tried it, I'm all good now. thanks a bunch.
  6. #6 by Spencer Larsen on 12-01-2017
    Great!If you notice that the pedal is toggling the effect by itself, this is because you left Mic Control enabled and your mic (which doesn't have Mic Control) is confusing the pedal. If this happens, you can disable Mic Control by holding the footswitch when you power on the pedal

Spencer Larsen
    Engineer, Testing
    TC-Helicon,
    MUSIC Group
    Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.