X32Wav_Xlive

1. #11 by Richard YClark on 02-07-2018
    Even more thanks Patrick. Just received my X-Live so this is very good news.

Last edited by Richard YClark; 02-07-2018 at 03:44 AM.
  2. #12 by Patrick-Gilles Maillot on 02-07-2018

...and X32Xlive_Wav

Hello,

X32Xlive_Wav is available for download from my website. It will generate concatenated, mono-channel files of 16, 24, or 32 bit samples out of XLive! session files.

Channel names can be set or edited individually, and imported from an X32 Scene file. Names are limited to 12 chars, as the X32.

Mono-channel files are limited to 4GB.

Please read the documentation...

https://sites.google.com/site/patric...C-X32Xlive_Wav

feedback welcome,
    -Patrick

Last edited by Patrick-Gilles Maillot; 02-07-2018 at 11:57 PM.
  3. #13 by Patrick-Gilles Maillot on 02-08-2018
    Small update: A command-line version of X32Xlive_wav is available for Mac users, part of the X32mac.zip file. I also included downsampling to 8bits just for fun...

The command line version does offer the same capabilities the Windows/GUI version does, and uses the same 'engine'.

Source code will be posted in a few minutes.

-Patrick
  4. #14 by Paul Vannatto on 02-08-2018
    Thanks Patrick. This is going to be a very handy tool.

__________________________________________________ _______________________
    For additional help please refer to the X32 wiki pages for updated and current documentation about the X32.

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE via email at CARECREA@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Paul Vannatto
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator
  5. #15 by Patrick-Gilles Maillot on 02-08-2018
    - Paul Vannatto wrote View Post
    Thanks Patrick. This is going to be a very handy tool.
    Let me know of anything you find not working as expected.
    -Patrick
  6. #16 by Patrick-Gilles Maillot on 02-10-2018
    I have posted an update to X32Xlive_Wav; Indeed one of the bugs found in XLive! card software is the impossibility to change the name of a session to something meaningful to the user. Normally this should be possible through the OSC command
    Code:
    /-urec/session/xxx/name ,s <name>
    . Unfortunately, the command has no effect and no change is made on the XLive! card or the X32 display.

The new version of X32Xlive_Wav makes this possible.

-Patrick

Last edited by Patrick-Gilles Maillot; 02-11-2018 at 12:46 AM.
  7. #17 by Patrick-Gilles Maillot on 02-11-2018
    Hello Mac users,

A command-line version of X32Wav_Xlive has been posted, part of the X32mac.zip file, on my website. use the -h option to get information.

It offers the same capabilities as the Windows GUI version.

https://sites.google.com/site/patric...C-X32Wav_Xlive

-Patrick[/QUOTE]
  8. #18 by Richard YClark on 02-11-2018
    Patrick do you ever stop churning out wonderful code?
  9. #19 by Patrick-Gilles Maillot on 02-11-2018
    - Richard YClark wrote View Post
    Patrick do you ever stop churning out wonderful code?
  10. #20 by Sverre Dhli on 05-09-2018

Changing the name of a session without exploding all files

- Patrick-Gilles Maillot wrote View Post
    I have posted an update to X32Xlive_Wav; Indeed one of the bugs found in XLive! card software is the impossibility to change the name of a session to something meaningful to the user. Normally this should be possible through the OSC command
    Code:
    /-urec/session/xxx/name ,s <name>
    . Unfortunately, the command has no effect and no change is made on the XLive! card or the X32 display.

The new version of X32Xlive_Wav makes this possible.

-Patrick
    Hi Patrick!

I am really impressed with your work with the Xlive card. Thank you for you contributions!

But I have a hard time to change the name of a recorded session. If I do as shown in the instruction, I will be told to chose destination directory, and then I am told to set the number of channels I want it to explode, and the only activation of anything is the explode-button. So I end up with all the wave files in a folder, which is nice enough, but not what I am looking for right now. I only want to change the name in the X32 screen to the song title, instead of the time reference which it get automatically when recording.

Any suggestions?

Thanx again!

Sverre