Powered Monitor or small Line Array

1. #1 by Aaron Soots on 11-15-2017

Powered Monitor or small Line Array

I am looking for a speaker solution that I would use indoor and outdoor and probably never be more than 50 to 60 people to cover but I'd want full range sound. I like feeling the bass myself when I perform and so that is a big consideration. I don't need pacemaker warning type bass but I do want to hear it clearly and feel it punch. Overall sound clarity is the highest concern for me.

I will be running vocals, electric/acoustic guitar, keyboard, and backing tracks through this unit. I am also wanting to keep the weight down. The ip500 looks like it may not have the bass response I would be wanting and the ip1000 is a little heavy but seems more in line with what i am looking for however if I can get the same kind of sound from a 12" powered speaker that'd be my preference. The line arrays seem to be more apt to give me the clarity and good sonic separation I am after though. Anyone had experience with both as a one man act running this kind of thing?

I have a Voicelive 3, iconnectaudio4+, ipad air(Running Onsong and SampleTank), and iphone 6(running backing tracks).