Control of Midas M32 from Crestron

1. #1 by Andrew Macfarlane on 11-03-2017

Control of Midas M32 from Crestron

I'm a newbie to the forum so hello!

I'm currently engaged as a Crestron programmer to install and commission an M32 into a university auditorium in London, with control from a Crestron processor via UDP and I'm having real problems structuring the commands. Hopefully someone will know how I can ger around this...

I simply need to load and run show cues (three of them, numbered 1 - 3) and all the commands I send to it return the same error message about the length od the message being wrong and should be a multiple of four.

Is there someone out there who could just tell me what the string should be from start to finish and now many null characters there should be?

Many thanks everyone!
  2. #2 by Paul Vannatto on 11-03-2017
    Hi Andrew,

Welcome to the forum. This is fully documented in Patrick's X32 OSC protocol (https://sites.google.com/site/patrickmaillot/x32). The actual OSC commands to load cues 1-3 would be
    /-action/gocue ,i 0
    /-action/gocue ,i 1
    /-action/gocue ,i 2

The 4 bit null padding and the big endian format of the values are explained in Patrick's doc on pages 8-12

__________________________________________________ _______________________
    For additional help please refer to the X32 wiki pages for updated and current documentation about the X32.

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE via email at CARECREA@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Paul Vannatto
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator
  3. #3 by Andrew Macfarlane on 11-03-2017
    Thanks Paul

I've got it working now - thankfully in time for handover on Sunday!

Much obliged to you for your advice
  4. #4 by Paul Vannatto on 11-03-2017
    Actually Andrew, all thanks goes to Patrick, for all his efforts in documenting the OSC protocol for us. Without his efforts, we'd all be "dead in the water", so to speak.

__________________________________________________ _______________________
    For additional help please refer to the X32 wiki pages for updated and current documentation about the X32.

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE via email at CARECREA@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Paul Vannatto
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator