Europower ep4000 settings questions

1. #1 by Mike Koch on 10-29-2017

Europower ep4000 settings questions

I posted this under an older thread but wasn't sure if it would be seen there. I just received my ep4000. There are numerous mode switches on the back. Each channel has a "clip limiter" on or off switch. Can someone explain that setting and why I would want on or off? Also, there is a "low cut filter" on and off setting. There is also a low cut filter either 50hz or 30hz. I assume this is only active if I have the low cut filter setting on? What is the function of these low cut filter settings? I have full range speakers that are 55hz to 16khz. Would I want the low cut filter on and set at the 50hz? I'm assuming this would keep all signal below 50 Hz from going to my speakers, is that correct? Thank you so much!
  2. #2 by Paul Vannatto on 10-29-2017
    Hi Mike,

As I mentioned in the other thread, I would suggest you use the limiter feature of the amp. I've always engaged the limiters on my amps (if they have them). Anything to prevent it going into distortion is a good thing IMO.

Regarding the low cut of 30 and 50 hz, if your speakers only go as low as 55 hz, these will have no affect on or off.

__________________________________________________ _______________________
    For additional help please refer to the X32 wiki pages for updated and current documentation about the X32.

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE via email at CARECREA@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Paul Vannatto
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator
  3. #3 by Mike Koch on 10-29-2017

Follow up

Thanks again Paul! So am i understanding correctly that if the clip limiter is off, then the clipping light on the front of the amp would not work? And theoretically, if my speaker went down to 30hz and I set the low cut filter to 50, the the amp would not send anything below 50 to the speaker, is that correct?
  4. #4 by Paul Vannatto on 10-29-2017
    - Mike Koch wrote View Post
    Thanks again Paul! So am i understanding correctly that if the clip limiter is off, then the clipping light on the front of the amp would not work?
    I don't think the limiter switch affects the clipping light (probably depends on how much headroom the amp has between clip level and distortion). When the limiter switch is engaged, the amp prevents the signal to go into distortion.

And theoretically, if my speaker went down to 30hz and I set the low cut filter to 50, the the amp would not send anything below 50 to the speaker, is that correct?
    Well, it depends on the low pass slope.

__________________________________________________ _______________________
    For additional help please refer to the X32 wiki pages for updated and current documentation about the X32.

For official technical and warranty support for your product you should contact the support team through their CARE department. You can contact CARE by phone at (+1) 702-800-8290 for the US and Canada and (+44) 1562 732290 in Europe.

You can also contact CARE via email at CARECREA@music-group.com. They strive to respond to emails within 24-48 hours during normal business hours, but please be patient if it takes longer due to the volume of emails they receive.

Paul Vannatto
    Volunteer Forum Community Moderator