Splitting the digital snake line M32r-DL16+SD8

1. #1 by Jeff Sterling on 10-25-2017

Splitting the digital snake line M32r-DL16+SD8

I have an M32r out in the main room with a DL16 on the back stage rack and I am using an SD8 in the back room to the amps. The cat-5 cable runs from the M32r AES50A to the DL16-AES50A then out the DL16-AES50B to the SD8 in the amp rack... this works.
    now, I want to get the DL16 into a box instead so it can be placed in the front of the stage so I don't need to run an analog snake to it from the front of the stage and also the monitors connections up on the front of the stage too...
    this means it will not pass through the DL16 and need to split at the back stage rack.
    Can I use a network hub in the back stage rack where the DL16 is now and send it back to the SD8 in the amp rack and also to the DL16 out on the stage front without any problems?

Whats the best method for doing this?

I'd list my gear here but they only allow 200 characters... I have MIDA/AVID/BEHRINGER/PRESONUS/SOUNDCRAFT consoles and Meyer/QSC/Mackie Speakers and tons of gear.
  2. #2 by Craig Fowler on 10-25-2017
    AES50 won't work through hubs and switches. You'll either need longer cables and keep the M32R>DL16>SD8 configuration, or use another ethernet line and go M32R(A)>DL16(A), and M32R(B)>SD8(A).