T1

1. #1 by Fdwils on 09-29-2017

T1

Hi folks, this may seem bit silly but I find that my T1, when the "Warmth" button is activated gives my voice a good sound (to me that is).

However, I feel it could be better if I could have just a little more "Warmth" I wonder if using a second T1 would achieve this. or would they cancel each other out and be a waste of money?

I also have a Mic Mechanic and a Perform-V and I experiment with them all.

Also, is there a chance the T1 could eventually come with a battery option>

Thanks Guys
  2. #2 by Spencer Larsen on 10-02-2017
    Hi Frank,
    This is an interesting idea, so I tried it out! I can say running two T1's in series doesn't cancel them out, in fact their effect sums together, but it does sound kind of weird (a little too airy for me). I've attached some recordings I made, with both pedals' dials all at noon (centered) and Warm activated (when the respective pedal was on).
    T1's off
    One T1 on
    Two T1's on
    In playing with this setup, I found that turning the Shape knob down gave a boost to low/mid frequencies (around 150Hz to 500Hz by a couple dB). So I think that might be a better route for you to take, try turning the Shape knob down if you haven't already. To further pursue this idea though, maybe you could make a recording of yourself, send that through your T1 and record the output, and do that again to give you an idea of what you'd sound like through two of them. Hope that helps feed your curiosity.

Spencer Larsen
    Engineer, Testing
    TC-Helicon,
    MUSIC Group
    Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.
  3. #3 by Fdwils on 10-04-2017

T1

Brilliant Spencer,

Exactly what I wanted to know.

It is interesting and worth experimenting further.

Thank you very much.
    Frank
  4. #4 by Oleksandr Horskyi on 02-27-2018
    T1 Comp / De-ess question

Hey everyone.
    So I've been thinking of buying a T1 and wondering if the Comp / De-ess knob is a two-compressor knob? Which is hard left - a simple one-band compressor - hard-right is a de-ess compressor. Or is it basically only a De-ess compressor and hard left is less compressing and de-essing; hard right - extreme de-essing and compressing?

Sorry for posting it here - for some reason i couldn't create a new thread with this question.
    Thanks!
  5. #5 by Spencer Larsen on 03-08-2018
    Hey Oleksandr,
    I think I get what you're asking... The label on the knob does kind of make it look like one half of the knob is "Comp" and the other half is "De-ess". However the "Comp / De-ess" knob in T1 controls both those parameters simultaneously. Here's the manual's description:

"Combines these two pro dynamics effects in one control. Compression reduces vocal peaks that can be uncomfortable for listeners especially at loud PA volumes. VoiceTone T1 automatically gives you the right amount of gentle compression whether you’re singing right on the mic or further away. De-ess reduces Sss, T and D sounds in your singing to add extra studio polish."

Spencer Larsen
    Engineer, Testing
    TC-Helicon,
    MUSIC Group
    Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.
  6. #6 by Oleksandr Horskyi on 03-08-2018
    - Spencer Larsen wrote View Post
    Hey Oleksandr,
    I think I get what you're asking... The label on the knob does kind of make it look like one half of the knob is "Comp" and the other half is "De-ess". However the "Comp / De-ess" knob in T1 controls both those parameters simultaneously. Here's the manual's description:

"Combines these two pro dynamics effects in one control. Compression reduces vocal peaks that can be uncomfortable for listeners especially at loud PA volumes. VoiceTone T1 automatically gives you the right amount of gentle compression whether you’re singing right on the mic or further away. De-ess reduces Sss, T and D sounds in your singing to add extra studio polish."
    That's exactly what I felt it was doing but wasn't quite sure.
    Thanks a lot!

Oleksandr.